September 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
This was real, lol ?

Sand & Mercury
September 11th, 2008, 05:21 PM
This was real, lol ?
It's part of the show

tdrusk
September 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I reported this thread since I have been informed this is repeated.

sydbat
September 11th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Yes, it is part of the show. Trent is a genius!

Sycron
September 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM
******* will jump right in that black hole of LHC lol. (if it will be created) . And I'm just waiting that moment.

atoc
September 11th, 2008, 06:33 PM
It's either part of the show or someone did some photochopping.
Trent is a known Mac guy.

nc_jed
September 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM
It's either part of the show or someone did some photochopping.
Trent is a known Mac guy.

I doubt that has anything to do with the affiliated companies doing side work to put the gig on. I'm sure Trent didn't push the technical superiority of the Mac on the following people:

Ticket booking house (Ticketmaster?)
Advertising/Marketing collateral producers
Concession providers
Soundboard engineers
Viedo monitors (so the folks in the cheap seats can see his lips move as he sings)
Graphic/video producers
Venue hosting the facility used to project/broadcast the video
LiveDownload service used to record the show and sell Soundboard copies of the show you just saw.
etc, but you get the point.

Trent's "people" probably have a contract with some video producer who created some soft copy file (DVD even) to be shown at the show. The venue most likely includes a facility to use to show this file/resource that is already hooked into the house projection, etc.

Not trying to be an ***, but just wanted to illustrate that there's a lot of moving parts that make up a concert and for someone to push their philosophical beliefs on one is a little unheard of, especially to the degree that is insinuated in your post. Recall Pearl Jam was essentially relegated to playing house parties and backyards in their heyday due to their beef with TicketMaster.

Now if Trent through a PA through the screen or turned the rest of the song into an anti-Windows rant, I wouldn't be at all surprised. Most likely, he didn't even notice.

I for one hope this behavior keeps up, all the exposure is a great ad. The only thing that would have made it better is if Clippy came up and tapped on the screen asking "It appears you are trying to rock out, would you like some help?"

:lolflag: