PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Installing Edubuntu - How??

elbarto_87
September 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hi
I have just installed a copy of Kubuntu on an old pc I have, and want to install Edubuntu for a 7 years old. I have downloaded the Edubuntu CD, but when I load it in the cd tray, not much happens. I tried to restart the computer and boot from cd which is the advice I managed to find on the net, but I get a "Booting from CD failed" message and Kubuntu starts up as per normal

How to I install from the CD inside Kubuntu? I dont have internet connected to the computer yet so I cant follow the apt get instructions I found here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Regards Elbarto

SkonesMickLoud
September 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Did you check the MD5sums? Burn at 4x or less? Does your burning program let you verify a burn?

elbarto_87
September 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Yes the burn was ok. I tried it on another PC running straight ubuntu and had no problems. I just ended up installing Ubuntu and it loaded up fine.

I haven't had many good experiences with Kubuntu, I find Ubuntu to be alot more user friendly in my case which is funny as I am used to XP and have been told that Kubuntu is the easiest Ubuntu variant to begin the transition to linux with.

Thank you anyway for your response SkonesMickLoud,

Regards
Elbarto