PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Listen 0,5

SecurityCop
September 11th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I found a much better program for listning to music then Rhythmnbox, and I was following the instructions when this porblem came up.

make[4]: *** [install-schemaDATA] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/krystle/libpurple/gconf'
make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/krystle/libpurple/gconf'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/krystle/libpurple'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/krystle/libpurple'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

EDIT: Forgot another part. This goes before the other code.

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'purple.schemas' '/usr/local/etc/gconf/schemas/purple.schemas'
/usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/local/etc/gconf/schemas/purple.schemas': Permission denied

Any ideas on what that means and how to fix it?

Partyboi2
September 11th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Have you tried installing the deb package from sourceforge? Its alot easier then compiling. Here (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161415&package_id=181822&release_id=444676) is the link.

Edit: When you ran make install are you putting sudo infront of it?
so

sudo make install

SecurityCop
September 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Have you tried installing the deb package from sourceforge? Its alot easier then compiling. Here (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161415&package_id=181822&release_id=444676) is the link.

Edit: When you ran make install are you putting sudo infront of it?
so

sudo make install

Ok so how do you install the deb package? I can't figure out what file I was supposed to target on the other package.

Partyboi2
September 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
To install a deb package you can double click on it and install it, or the other way is to open a terminal and cd to where the downloaded deb package is and then install it by

sudo dpkg -i packagename*Change packagename to actually name
If it tells you that it has missing dependencies then install those packages.

SecurityCop
September 12th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Problem is I don't know what the package nam is.

Junk_head
September 12th, 2008, 04:02 AM
SecurityCop: on the sourceforge page partyboi linked you are looking for a .deb at the end of the filename which would be listen_0.5-beta1-7_i386.deb. Download that to your desktop and double click it and install it, no terminal necessary.

SecurityCop
September 12th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Thanks, and so I did try that, but it said my python-mutagen dependency wasn't acceptable, even though I just installed it and it's the newest version.

Partyboi2
September 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
These are some of the packages you will need to install to met the dependencies for listen

sudo apt-get install cdbs docbook-xsl docbook-xsl-doc-html docbook2x fdupes libffi-dev libidl-dev libnspr4-dev libnss3-dev liborbit2-dev libxml-namespacesupport-perllibxml-sax-expat-perl libxml-sax-perl orbit2 python-all-dev python-dev python-gnome2-dev python-gobject-dev python-gtk2-dev python-gtk2-doc python-pyorbit-dev texinfo xulrunner-1.9-dev

SecurityCop
September 13th, 2008, 03:48 AM
These are some of the packages you will need to install to met the dependencies for listen

sudo apt-get install cdbs docbook-xsl docbook-xsl-doc-html docbook2x fdupes libffi-dev libidl-dev libnspr4-dev libnss3-dev liborbit2-dev libxml-namespacesupport-perllibxml-sax-expat-perl libxml-sax-perl orbit2 python-all-dev python-dev python-gnome2-dev python-gobject-dev python-gtk2-dev python-gtk2-doc python-pyorbit-dev texinfo xulrunner-1.9-dev

I found the dependencies I need already, but the problem is it can't recognise python-mutagen even though it is installed.

Partyboi2
September 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM
What is the output from the terminal when you try to install it from the terminal
Change directory to where the downloaded listen deb is. If on your Desktop

cd ~/Desktop
then install

sudo dpkg -i package
*change package to actually name.

cariboo
September 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Listen is also in the repositories. You can use Add/Remove Programs, Synaptic Package Manager and of course the command line to install it.

Jim

Partyboi2
September 13th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Listen is also in the repositories. You can use Add/Remove Programs, Synaptic Package Manager and of course the command line to install it.

Jim
They are using dapper ;), listen not available from the repo's