PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] login with nonadmin account automaticly.

just_linux
September 11th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Ok, here it is:
I want to remote access my PC from a vista and test and try stuff on it.
So I set up my network the way that I could easily remote access it anywhere at home and use it.
However, I need to login first to do it.
So I need to turn my PC on log in and then I remote access it and use it.
NOW: I want to get ride of login part so I do not need to have Monitor and keyboard installed.
So I thought it would be better to only have one account on that PC so by turning it on it just login itself ( account without password )
So is it anyway I could force my computer to login to a NON admin account automatically? ( I just want to have one for admin ( to be safe) and one for testing my stuff.
the reason I say non admit because I want to be safe and if i need anything I could use "SUDO":guitar:

Thanks

phidia
September 11th, 2008, 02:21 AM
You can enable auto login from System >Admin >Login Window.
Click the Security tab and I think the rest is self explanatory.

aysiu
September 11th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I just want to have one for admin ( to be safe) and one for testing my stuff.
the reason I say non admit because I want to be safe and if i need anything I could use "SUDO":guitar:

Thanks If you're able to sudo, then you're using an admin account.

akiratheoni
September 11th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Ok, here it is:
I want to remote access my PC from a vista and test and try stuff on it.
So I set up my network the way that I could easily remote access it anywhere at home and use it.
However, I need to login first to do it.
So I need to turn my PC on log in and then I remote access it and use it.
NOW: I want to get ride of login part so I do not need to have Monitor and keyboard installed.
So I thought it would be better to only have one account on that PC so by turning it on it just login itself ( account without password )
So is it anyway I could force my computer to login to a NON admin account automatically? ( I just want to have one for admin ( to be safe) and one for testing my stuff.

Thanks

Just a technicality, root doesn't need to use sudo, but an admin account does use sudo. root =/= admin.