PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to setup usb broadband

drileysr
September 10th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I'm back already. Now that you have answered my question re: antivirus, spyware, etc. here's my new question. I have 2 other computers, 1 laptop and 1 desktop both running xppro. The only internet connection I have is with Verizon broadband usb 720 card. When I install the cd disk to setup the system, nothing happens. On my other computers when I installed the disk the program would start and walk you step by step to install the program. I tried several of the "open with" programs in ubuntu with no success. I can install this on as many computers as I want according to the eula. Any Ideas folks? Thanks. Geezer.

Morpheun
September 10th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Hey,
You won't need to use the cd to get the card running in linux. Follow this guide to set it up. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=838891&highlight=verizon

drileysr
September 11th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Morpheun, thanks for the quick reply. But those instructions are a little over my head for a noob like me. I noticed most of the posts were from early in 2007. Do you or anyone else know if there is a simpler, revised method since then? Thanks for any help.