PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] open office's track changes mode - usability problem?

emmvie
September 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I find that editing a document in OO Writer works fine in track changes mode, BUT when I go back and decide to un-do a change I have to use the dialog accept/reject. And it's really a pain.

I can click on an entry in the dialog and it highlights the corresponding change in the document text, then I can accept/reject. This is really slow because who knows which of the 5 million entries corresponds to the change I'm looking at on page whatever....

What I want to do is what I can't do in OO but could do in Word (I'm not defending MS, don't panic):

I want to mark or click directly on the change in the doc, then:
-- have that entry in the dialog get highlighted for me so I can click in there on accept/reject

OR, ideally:
-- in the right-click/context menu choose accept/reject (not available in OO?)

thanks for any help.
emmvie

qianian
October 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM
This feature has yet to be enabled. I agree, it is painfully clunky even with keyboard shortcuts.

JamButty
October 18th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Do you have any experience with outputting a document with OO track changes markups into MS-Word format? OO seems fine on within its own environment, but I hear a lot about compatibility issues.
I get proofreading/editing jobs on occasion and MS-Word is the only acceptable format for most agencies.