PDA

View Full Version : I had a little laugh from this

wolfen69
September 10th, 2008, 06:40 AM
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=458236

i especially like reason #2 and #5. :lolflag:

ad_267
September 10th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I'm ashamed to come from the same city as that person.

RedPandaFox
September 10th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Reasons 1-3 I can agree with, but 4 and 5...?

poofyyoda
September 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I'm ashamed to come from the same city as that person.
..same here, I thought we were smart people in Auckland

Liviu-Theodor
September 10th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Reasons 1-3 I can agree with, but 4 and 5...?

Of course Microsoft sponsor games (made by them, they produced a bunch of games) and of course Microsoft cares (how to make more and more money, even turning themselves into a kind of software rackets).

RedPandaFox
September 10th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Of course Microsoft sponsor games (made by them, they prodeced a bunch of games) and of course Microsoft cares (how to make more and more money, even turning themselves into a kind of software rackets).

Aside from Halo series, what have they put out thats good? And think about your answer hard before you post

Kingsley
September 10th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Aside from Halo series, what have they put out thats good? And think about your answer hard before you post
Age of Empires, Fable, and Project Gotham Racing?

Liviu-Theodor
September 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM

That's exactly why I said "a bunch of games", because they do not deserve to be mentioned by name. It is bad enough that Microsoft is dominant on the market for desktop operating systems, we don't want it to be in the same position for games, or anything else.

RedPandaFox
September 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Age of Empires, Fable, and Project Gotham Racing?

AoE had its moments, and ok, Fable was damn ausome.

Elephantman5
September 10th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Wait guys. Microsoft does care.
A lot. Bunches.

myusername
September 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
the only thing i actually like with microsoft is games. its the only thing they do right

Liviu-Theodor
September 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Or maybe you were intrigued with my remark about the software rackets? I did it because I become recently aware of what did Microsoft in other city in my country. You can read the story here (http://janimo.blogspot.com/2008/05/then-they-fight-you.html). And this one of the nice things Microsoft does in my country...

sonofusion82
September 10th, 2008, 07:59 AM
i don't really agree with most of the list.
while vista is fundamentally a better OS, it has its problems.

one of the best product that comes out of microsoft to me is the development tools, ie. Visual Studio
i believe they made the right strategic move during the early windows era by focusing on making pretty good development tools to enable more developers to apps on their platform which leads to the current situation of most good mature apps are in windows while linux alternatives are mostly playing catch-ups.
other than python, i personally still feel C/C++ development tools are still somewhat lacking though they are getting better.

Liviu-Theodor
September 19th, 2008, 09:39 AM
i don't really agree with most of the list.
while vista is fundamentally a better OS, it has its problems.

one of the best product that comes out of microsoft to me is the development tools, ie. Visual Studio

No, Vista is not a better OS, it is just better looking than previous variants of Windows. I know, because, as a network administrator, I found out that Windows Vista is not compatible with many Windows programs (even wine runs more). And Visual Studio is good for anyone who want something WYSIWYG (graphical programming), and in some cases, for even demanding programmers.