PDA

View Full Version : [other] LFS how hard can if be?

BlackLLama
September 10th, 2008, 12:59 AM
what do i need to expect with LFS

OutOfReach
September 10th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Well your basically building Linux from scratch so I can only imagine that it will be quite a challenge.

Partyboi2
September 10th, 2008, 01:06 AM
A learning procress, it is well written and is easy to follow a good way to get a better understanding of how it all works.

BlackLLama
September 10th, 2008, 01:14 AM
well me and my friends are going to get his old notebook working, im just going to give it a whirl

pansz
September 10th, 2008, 03:27 AM

If you have good competence with English language and Google search engine, then LFS isn't hard at all.

LFS is essentially a manual which tells you how to build Linux from scratch. So long as you read English well you should expect good result.

toaste
September 10th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Gentoo was created because the LFS junkies eventually decided they wanted a way to automate the process. For me, putting a Gentoo system together was more than enough excitement, but I imaging building a system the LFS way would be a good experience.

Anyway, the Gentoo wiki pages are still a great resource for Linux in general. They're written with good depth and detail, and contain many tips for solving specific hardware issues. You might check there if something acts quirky.