PDA

View Full Version : I need your advice

Uchiha_madara
September 9th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I need to Make an Educational and Games Applications

I need to Build these Applications with vb.net or c#

-- i need to ask :

-- I don't Know yet what is the best way to create such these Applications with pure code or build them with flash ......

i need the best solution .................

i hope that is My Problem is Clear .....

NovaAesa
September 9th, 2008, 11:15 PM
My advice is to choose a language other than .NET or C# (unless you have a really good reason). As for if you should use code or Flash, it would depend on what sort of game you are trying to build. You need to provide more details before more advice can be given.

tinny
September 10th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Are you wanting to develop this software as a desktop application or a web application?

jimi_hendrix
September 10th, 2008, 01:53 AM
and can we get an idea of the game?

Uchiha_madara
September 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Are you wanting to develop this software as a desktop application or a web application?

The software is desktop Application

Uchiha_madara
September 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
and can we get an idea of the game?

To be honest with you ....
I have three Ideas

1 - It is an Educational Application for the Children have ages between 3 and 6 years old to increasew there Creativity .....
this Idea Looks Like The Educational Applications in EdUbuntu...
The Children Well Like it...

2 - The Second one ... Competition....Depend on Multiple Choice Question..
have a Data base from Questions in Different parts(Art, Science , History, and so on.....) and choose the Questions randomly..

3 - Puzzle Game..... This Game I still Collect The Ideas.

these are My ideas ......
I hope that I was clear enough....

NovaAesa
September 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM
As to wheather or not you should use code or flash, I would say it would be hightly hependant on the look and feel you are going for. Also, it would depeind on which one you know better.

Uchiha_madara
September 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
As to wheather or not you should use code or flash, I would say it would be hightly hependant on the look and feel you are going for. Also, it would depeind on which one you know better.

The Question is : How can I download The Flash Software ......?

Zugzwang
September 10th, 2008, 04:19 PM
The Question is : How can I download The Flash Software ......?

"The Flash Software" is for Windows and needs to be bought (~600-700$, probably cheaper for students). The flash *player* is downloadable free-of-charge. For information about alternatives, see this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=899410&highlight=Flash) (but be warned that the alternatives might seem to be not mature enough for you).

realitybites
September 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
if you are gonna use flash, you can download flex sdk for free and use it to compile actionscript 3 code. visit adobe.com/downloads/ there is a link for sdk. but there won't be a ide.

pmasiar
September 10th, 2008, 06:00 PM
My advice would be to become much more competent programmer in any language before you start this project. Any language where you can get most help - ask your friends. If you are all by yourself, start with Python.

See FAQ in my sig about:
- how to ask question
- how to learn programming (and data structures)
- how to start project

themusicwave
September 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't advise Flash for a desktop application(or even a web one really).

1)Tools are expensive
2)Flash and Linux don't always play nice
3)Flash is primarily for web based applications

I also don't recommend C# or VB .Net either unless you really need them.

They aren't 100% supported on Linux, and are primarily for programming Windows.

You would be much better off with something like Python. Simple to learn, supported on all platforms and all the tools are free.

Uchiha_madara
September 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't advise Flash for a desktop application(or even a web one really).

1)Tools are expensive
2)Flash and Linux don't always play nice
3)Flash is primarily for web based applications

I also don't recommend C# or VB .Net either unless you really need them.

They aren't 100% supported on Linux, and are primarily for programming Windows.

You would be much better off with something like Python. Simple to learn, supported on all platforms and all the tools are free.

ok ... I need to ask if there is IDE and GUI programming tools in python or not????

and what about java... ???

themusicwave
September 12th, 2008, 01:24 PM
You really don't need an IDE for python. I usually just use Geany.

Java is a whole different animal, and for that you probably do need an IDE for anything significant.

I would recommend as a beginner you start with Python. I say this as a person who writes Java almost ever day. Python is much easier to learn and much less confusing than Java.

Check out the links in pmaiser's signature specifically this one:
http://learnpython.pbwiki.com/HowToStart

For GUI you will be looking at TKinter, PyGTK or wxWidgets. There are probably a dozen others, but those are the main ones. The only one I have tried thus far is TKinter and it is fairly straight forward. I obviously can't speak for the others.

Uchiha_madara
September 13th, 2008, 03:02 PM
You really don't need an IDE for python. I usually just use Geany.

Java is a whole different animal, and for that you probably do need an IDE for anything significant.

I would recommend as a beginner you start with Python. I say this as a person who writes Java almost ever day. Python is much easier to learn and much less confusing than Java.

Check out the links in pmaiser's signature specifically this one:
http://learnpython.pbwiki.com/HowToStart

For GUI you will be looking at TKinter, PyGTK or wxWidgets. There are probably a dozen others, but those are the main ones. The only one I have tried thus far is TKinter and it is fairly straight forward. I obviously can't speak for the others.

understood ...i thought that Geany for C and C++ thanks a lot i 'll try to Learn Python......but one Last Question :
Python is very old Language isn't it?

thanks a lot ??

-- madara

Zugzwang
September 13th, 2008, 03:07 PM
understood ...i thought that Geany for C and C++ thanks a lot i 'll try to Learn Python......but one Last Question :
Python is very old Language isn't it?

Why don't you just look it up? Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(programming_language)

NovaAesa
September 13th, 2008, 03:10 PM
It's from 1991, but 17 years old isn't really that old. There are many languages that are older.

EDIT: Zugzwang beat me to it.

Uchiha_madara
September 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM
thanks for you all ....because you are helped me a lot ...

thanks again....

madara