PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04 Black Screen while installing

Johnstone
September 9th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Hi im using my HP Compaq d220 MT to install Ubuntu 8.04 and after i click install it goes to a black screen. I had XP on this PC but after putting in the Ubuntu boot cd and failing to install it seems XP is no longer there (BOOT FAILURE) so as i went onto the net to find solutions (erase 'quiet' 'splash' etc etc) it seems that nothing will work, any suggestions?

Lowva
January 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Not sure if you are still around, but I am having the same problem, and i am still looking, plus trying everything possible i can think off. i think that linux can't be install on this PC, and i tried every possible distribution [top 10 distros from distrowatch]. From a nub perspective, i've tried everything possible that i know about hardware @ the moment, from 5 different CD/DVDs burners, recording it @ 2x, swapping memories, swapping IDE cables, different types of RAM, different CDs, boot-able live USB, different USBs, same goes about DVDs, redownloeded iso: HTTP/torrent also tried alternative,ubuntu 8.04, ubuntu 8.10, but windows install perfectly fine on this PC. would really love to have this work on this PC. BTW I have 4 PCs @ home and since this 1 has the fastest processor i wanted to install main ubuntu, the install works on the other PCs except this one.