PDA

View Full Version : songbird

waapwoop1
September 9th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Is Songbird supposed to be really really slow when IPODs are connected?

Or is it just my laptop? Anyone else?

swoll1980
September 9th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Is Songbird supposed to be really really slow when IPODs are connected?

Or is it just my laptop? Anyone else?

It wasn't intended to be that slow, it's just a side affect of all that bloat.

gletob
September 9th, 2008, 02:50 AM
if your iPod or MTP is empty (formatted) it runs great its the library syncing that throws a wrench in the works

waapwoop1
September 9th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Is there any other program that can manage your IPOD. IE, put songs and playlists off and on it, that runs at a decent speed.

kevin11951
September 9th, 2008, 02:52 AM
mines not slow. i have an ipod, and i use songbird because it works great with it.

does anyone know when banshee 1 is supposed to have ipod SYNC support?

littletinman
September 9th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Isn't Amarak supposed to be compatible with iPods?

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/08/10-alternatives-to-itunes-for-managing-your-ipod/

bp1509
September 9th, 2008, 02:58 AM
f

SuperSonic4
September 9th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Isn't Amarak supposed to be compatible with iPods?

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/08/10-alternatives-to-itunes-for-managing-your-ipod/

Amarok is compatible with iPods although you have to manually sync the music (ie select and add it to the transfer queue)

Kabezon
September 9th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Is there any other program that can manage your IPOD. IE, put songs and playlists off and on it, that runs at a decent speed.
Use Floola. Music, videos, pictures, playlists, podcasts, etc.

myusername
September 9th, 2008, 05:32 AM
yeah songbird could have been great. but integrating a web browser in it was a bad idea

kevin11951
September 9th, 2008, 06:40 AM
yeah songbird could have been great. but integrating a web browser in it was a bad idea

NOOOOO! thats the best part! i love going online and looking at/for music while in my media center.

waapwoop1
September 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Songbird is makin my brain bleed. I managed to get some songs on my ipod, i can't seem to get others on. songbird says they are on, the ipod and other programs says they are not. Too slow also.

hopefully amarok can do manage my ipod, will try it later.

ghostandmachine
September 10th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Songbird is makin my brain bleed. I managed to get some songs on my ipod, i can't seem to get others on. songbird says they are on, the ipod and other programs says they are not. Too slow also.

hopefully amarok can do manage my ipod, will try it later.

I had that problem too and I realized it's because the ipod was still being mount. When the ipod icon appears on the left plane you can click on it to see the progress. It usually takes about two or three minutes on my machine.

Maybe you guys are right. Maybe songbird is a bad program.