PDA

View Full Version : looking for a virus to test anti-virus software

Tank5489
September 9th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I wasn't really sure where else to to post this but I'm setting up a Microsoft network for my home to learn from and play with and before I put anything valuable on it I want to test the anti-virus software. I'm looking for something That would really stress the Software. Like I'm talking the Hiroshima of viruses. If you could tell me the name and where i could find it that would be great. Long live TUX!

stmiller
September 9th, 2008, 04:28 AM
iedefender, antivirus 2008, etc. There are tons out there like those. Search google and consider yourself warned... :)

Dr. C
September 9th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Spam is a very good source of Windows viruses, delivered right to your mailbox. As previous posters have said consider your self warned.

LaRoza
September 9th, 2008, 04:48 AM
It would be very inappropriate to link to such things, but PM me and I'll send you links to sites where you can get such things.

Oldsoldier2003
September 9th, 2008, 04:49 AM
I think googling would be your best bet on this request. I am hesitant to leave this thread open because, well because it's just not right :) The line will be crossed the moment someone posts a malicious link- so I'm going to nip it in the bud.

Oldsoldier2003
September 9th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Thread closed. Further communications can be done by PM or in other venues.