PDA

View Full Version : feedback on my demo

BlackLLama
September 9th, 2008, 12:00 AM
just wondering what you guys think of this demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frpHI0hb1kI), its a demo of my desktop

sydbat
September 9th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Cool.

BlackLLama
September 9th, 2008, 12:11 AM
thanks.

kk0sse54
September 9th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Not to sound a jerk mate but what was the point of this? There are five million videos like this out on youtube and there really isn't even anything special about yours, your compiz plugins are old and your programs generic. I'm sorry I sound so negative and it's great that you got all your effects and all working but there just isn't anything special with it.

BlackLLama
September 9th, 2008, 12:16 AM
i did it for fun to be honest with you, yes i know it's done before. i frankly don't care and im just trying to show off my interesting desktop, the one that excites me more than my windows one.

lukjad
September 9th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Wow. Cool!

Sealbhach
September 9th, 2008, 12:21 AM
It's a good video. Song goes well with it.

Vitamin-Carrot
September 9th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Not to sound a jerk mate but what was the point of this? There are five million videos like this out on youtube and there really isn't even anything special about yours, your compiz plugins are old and your programs generic. I'm sorry I sound so negative and it's great that you got all your effects and all working but there just isn't anything special with it.

yeah ya come across as a bit of a nasty person ...

:lolflag:

This vid is good but maybe C!oud is right maybe its time to start showing something new ...

BlackLLama
September 9th, 2008, 12:54 AM
i mainly use these videos to show off to my friends who use computers and who use windows

lukjad
September 9th, 2008, 01:05 AM
It's very easy to point someone to a vid. When you make one, it suddenly becomes real and accessible. Good for you.

david_lynch
September 9th, 2008, 01:07 AM
That is a good video - there are some effects there that I haven't seen before. :guitar:

BlackLLama
September 9th, 2008, 01:21 AM
i would just like to add i took the desktop photo myself

ChanServ
September 9th, 2008, 01:43 AM
i'm not one for all the compiz-ness, but it looks good :D

crimesaucer
September 9th, 2008, 02:12 AM
The Salvador Dali skydome is pretty cool (it looks like part of a Dali painting I've seen before, I could be wrong). The Selassie picture is cool also.

I think you should maybe create a new Emerald theme to match your Red/Yellow/Green rasta theme..... maybe a black window theme with red/yellow/green buttons. I like truglass compositing, but you could try a solid black vrunner theme with all the opacity settings at 100%.

For the buttons, you could always use the apple buttons from one of the other emerald themes.(because they're red/yellow/green)

kk0sse54
September 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Salvador Dali is awesome but really whatever floats your boat mate :)

BlackLLama
September 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I think you should maybe create a new Emerald theme to match your Red/Yellow/Green rasta theme..... maybe a black window theme with red/yellow/green buttons. I like truglass compositing, but you could try a solid black vrunner theme with all the opacity settings at 100%.

For the buttons, you could always use the apple buttons from one of the other emerald themes.(because they're red/yellow/green)

i'm for sure taking note of this, i can already tell that will lookg good, unfortunately i'm away from my linuxalienwaresaucer for a week