PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cd media icons not mounting on desktop

Llewxam
September 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM
hey guys. little annoying thing i got here. i dunno why but lately any cd media i put in is not mounting on the desktop enviroment as it regularly does. if i insert any kind of disc (blank dvds, cds, dvd movies, audio cd's) i don't get an icon and just have to mount it manually through panel or terminal. any way of fixing this back? 'cause after doing the above mentioned i end up not being able to get rid of the icon until i restart the computer.
appreciate any help whatsoever.

bmac
September 9th, 2008, 05:09 AM
You might check your Gnome Configuration Editor.

configuration editor/apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop (checked)
also
configuration editor/apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount (checked)
and
configuration editor/apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount open (checked)

Hope this helps.....

Llewxam
September 9th, 2008, 05:19 AM
yea they're all checked. :confused:
still nothing.

bmac
September 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Sorry.
It may be a permissions issue and hopefully someone can provide more assistance....

Llewxam
September 13th, 2008, 06:10 AM
](*,)
ok this is really starting to bug me. still can't auto mount cd's to the desktop, only from places->cd/dvd-r drive or from within places-> computer and now whenever i eject a cd of any type the label stays on the mount point and i can't load ANY other type of cd at all. please anyone help me with this before i decide to format and reinstall hardy! :(

speedwell68
September 13th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Have you got Ubuntu Tweak installed? Under the desktop setion of Ubuntu Tweak there is a option 'Show Mounted Volumes on Desktop', if you have it installed, is it unchecked? If you don't have Ubuntu Tweak installed, install it and give that option a try. It might work.

EnGorDiaz
September 13th, 2008, 08:39 AM
my suggestion is that you install ubuntu tweak

it has mounting configuration with it

http://www.getdeb.net/app/Ubuntu+Tweak

Llewxam
September 13th, 2008, 08:41 AM
yep it's checked. still nothing.