PDA

View Full Version : [other] Micro$haft sticker removal

anystupidname
September 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
So I removed the "made for Microsoft Winblows" sticker on my stinkpad but even after scraping the goo off with a knife, it is still all sticky. Suggestions?!?

Kevbert
September 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
You could try Goo gone (http://googone.com/)

fusionisthefuture
September 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
acetone, or paint thinner... use proper ventilation

BenAshton24
September 8th, 2008, 06:54 PM
ICE dude, freeze it n' rub it, Works like magic :D

hope this helps :D

timcredible
September 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
put an ubuntu sticker there. i put an ubuntu sticker over the 'made for windows' sticker on all my machines. i bought 20 stickers from an ubuntu forum member in europe for a few dollars a while back, but since then, system76 company has offerred to send stickers to people for free, and i think i read about 1 other person/company that will send you some stickers for free or a couple dollars.

russlar
September 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I just rubbed mine really, really hard, and got it all off.

HermanAB
September 8th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Olive oil and a rag.

Rocket2DMn
September 8th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I hear nail polish remover will take off just about anything. A touch of that with a rag might do the trick. Granted, there probably needs to be a lady in the house.

sg1
September 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Lighter fluid works really well and evaporates quickly as you rub it too !!

simtaalo
September 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
just used nails lol

anystupidname
September 8th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks everbody :)

anotherdisciple
September 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Some of those suggestions sound scary! Rubbing alcohol seems safe though.

LLauranzonIII
September 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
soak the stinkpad in hot water for a couple of hours. j/k

googone is awesome stuff.

hessiess
September 8th, 2008, 11:36 PM
rub it with your finger, it eventualy globs together.

SamNSane
September 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Cautionary Tale:

I removed the Intel Inside and Made for Windows XP stickers from the palm rest of my Dell Precision notebook a few years ago. Just peeled them off. That left a sticky residue. I thought about most of the chemicals suggested in this thread. I decided that plain old rubbing alcohol would be safest. The alcohol swab damaged the paint on the palm rest, permanently discoloring it.

I didn't feel really bad about it, because I wasn't removing the stickers because of "religious" reasons or because I thought they looked bad. They just bothered my right hand when I was typing a lot on the keyboard.

Avoid the chemicals. If friction / cold temp (be careful of water drips if using ice) doesn't get the job done, cover the goo with a sticker you do like!

Malac
September 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Deodorant Spray (not anti-perspirant).
Added advantage it smells nice too. :)

riahc3
September 10th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Get a ligher, lite it up, and with the flame just slide it and put it on the sticker. This will help it peel off much better and without any trace left behind

pastormick
September 10th, 2008, 04:09 AM
If you have a can of compressed air around for cleaning your keyboard, turn it upside down and point it at the 'offending blemish'. A couple of good squirts to freeze it and it should clean up quite nicely. And look! No water stains or puddles!