PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Forums work safe?

Dr Small
September 7th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Heh. Here is a screenshot of what I was getting few minutes back:
http://stashbox.org/207409/2008-09-07-155128_1024x768_scrot.png

schauerlich
September 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Work safe is a subjective term. What DansGuardian considers appropriate may not be the same as the general consensus among forum-goers.

Mazza558
September 7th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Hah, our school uses DansGuardian too. It considers "war" to be bad. What if we want to research a past war?

Dr Small
September 7th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Well, I have customized Dansguardian to our personal preference, and I am sure 'war' was not the subject at hand when I was visiting the forum. Actually, I have no idea what thread was causing it, but I just thought I would share it :)

red_Marvin
September 7th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hehe, is the http://www.ubuntuforums.org text on that page really a link?

Dr Small
September 8th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Hehe, is the http://www.ubuntuforums.org text on that page really a link?
Yes it is. It doesn't matter though, because the connection is being proxied through DansGuardian, so even if I click it, it will still show that page, until the bad word is gone.

schauerlich
September 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Yes it is. It doesn't matter though, because the connection is being proxied through DansGuardian, so even if I click it, it will still show that page, until the bad word is gone.

So, wait... You won't use Google Chrome because the omnibar hits google for search suggestions, but you let all of your web traffic go through some random proxy?

Dr Small
September 8th, 2008, 08:00 PM
So, wait... You won't use Google Chrome because the omnibar hits google for search suggestions, but you let all of your web traffic go through some random proxy?
Absolutely. This random proxy sits on my local network and DansGuardian filters through Squid, both of which reside on my server, Mycroft. :|

Sand & Mercury
September 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
What's up with it quoting bible passages?

Dr Small
September 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM
What's up with it quoting bible passages?
I edited the perl file and printed that in it.

Atomic Dog
September 8th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I wonder if The bible passage "Your breasts are like gazelles" from the Song of Songs would pass such scrutiny.

Anyway, I consider Ubuntu forums very work safe.

myusername
September 8th, 2008, 09:41 PM
you know what? i never understood that verse...who in their right mind compares breasts to gazelles?

Atomic Dog
September 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Do I have to draw you a picture? Ever see a gazelle run? Now think about it...Bouncy bouncy bouncy...

god0fgod
September 8th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Do you work at Microsoft? :lol:

schauerlich
September 8th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Absolutely. This random proxy sits on my local network and DansGuardian filters through Squid, both of which reside on my server, Mycroft. :|

Ah, I misunderstood.

Dr Small
September 9th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Do you work at Microsoft? :lol:
Me? No. Why?