PDA

View Full Version : Polarized eyeglasses and lcd screens

angryhomer17
September 7th, 2008, 07:50 PM
So, I am looking at getting a new pair of glasses and I do a lot of stuff outdoors, but I also spend prolonged periods of time at my computer. I've been looking at getting polarized lenses, but have read that there are problems such as color distortion when viewing lcd screens.

I'm wondering if anyone has had issues like this or if it's not that big of a problem.

Lux Perpetua
September 7th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I have polarized sunglasses, and I think the problem is that LCD screens give you polarized light. If I rotate my head just right, then my LCD screen looks completely dark, even if it's turned on and I'm facing the screen directly. If I turn my head 90 degrees away from that position, then it looks fine. From a normal viewing position, it's in between the two extremes: annoyingly dark but visible. (This isn't a problem for me, since I don't use my computer outside, and I don't wear sunglasses inside.)

Vivaldi Gloria
September 7th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I read the post fast and thought for a moment that they made polarized contact lenses. So never mind the first version of this post.

With polarized glasses if you tilt your head sideways then the screen gets darker.