PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic 09 Vs. Toyota Corolla S 09

ryclegman
September 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Hello.... We are looking to buy a new car, and its between Honda Civic 09 and Toyota Corolla S 09. Let me know what you think.

tamoneya
September 7th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I drive an 07 civic. No complaints here. It is the non-hybrid model and it is pretty much all standard, no extra features.

EDIT: you shouldnt buy your car based on a poll.

ryclegman
September 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM
lol ha ha its not just wondered what people thought and there opinions... Iv been looking for a while and like the 09 Corolla

Ripfox
September 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I drive an 07 civic. No complaints here. It is the non-hybrid model and it is pretty much all standard, no extra features.

EDIT: you shouldnt buy your car based on a poll.

Why not? It's what people do based on consumer opinion, why not here? Do people that use Ubuntu seem less qualified drivers? :)

waapwoop1
September 7th, 2008, 11:50 PM
civic

ryantriplett
September 7th, 2008, 11:51 PM
07 Civic here ... love every minute I drive it. I seriously doubt you will regret it. Also, for future interests, try Fuelly, www.fuelly.com (http://www.fuelly.com) to keep up with your fuel mileage.

at2smithjason
September 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I voted for the Toyota. I personally like the new styling of the Corolla better than the civic. But it would be nice to see the Corolla get back to its roots (AE86). I am a rice head at heart.

TheAL76
September 8th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I bought an 08 Civic back in February. Aside from the engine being a bit weak, it's been a good car. Handles nicely, easy steering, and Honda did a great job maximizing the interior space.

tamoneya
September 8th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Why not? It's what people do based on consumer opinion, why not here? Do people that use Ubuntu seem less qualified drivers? :)

because there are many other things you should consider. I mean it doesnt hurt to check with other people but dont just make a poll and pick the one that wins. Your personal needs may make one better than the other.

jpittack
September 8th, 2008, 05:24 AM
For me, the cheaper one.

But I would not be looking at new cars since I want cheap. I'm looking to get a '99 accord at the moment.

I prefer toyota over honda, but you can't go wrong with either of those cars. Right now I think is a bad time to buy a car unless you really need one. In some odd years we should have some breakthrough, but that might be the lifetime of a car too.

Sigh. I loved gasoline until it cost $3.50 (lowest price I saw today was $3.46)

Icehuck
September 8th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Right now I think is a bad time to buy a car unless you really need one.

Actually its a pretty darn good time to buy one in the States. Sales are really sluggish and so dealers are making crazy deals and taking anywhere between $10,000-$20,000 off the sticker. Nissan was taking $15,000 of the Altima back in July.

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I would take the Toyota.

But if it was my money I would look for a good second hand one.

In the UK you can usually find good three year old cars at half the price of a new one.

If it's a three year old Toyota or a Honda it will easily have five years of trouble free motoring left in it.

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Sigh. I loved gasoline until it cost $3.50 (lowest price I saw today was $3.46)

If that's US dollars you're almost getting it free.
Here in the UK it's £1.10 (US $1.95) a litre.
There's roughly four litres in a US gallon, how does US $7.80 a US gallon sound?

jeroen.kurvers
September 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
If that's US dollars you're almost getting it free.
Here in the UK it's £1.10 (US $1.95) a litre.
There's roughly four litres in a US gallon, how does US $7.80 a US gallon sound?

Or even better/worse, here in Holland it's around $2.30 a litre...

ryclegman
October 12th, 2008, 04:58 AM
wow... our gas has dropped below $3!!! We ended up getting a civic. I like it a lot.. the engine is a little week but runs well.. Ya they do give you crazy deals... they gave us a free spoiler if we bought it that night... They were literally begging us to buy it lol... we also got a power train and transmission life time warranty...