PDA

View Full Version : :mad: Any F1 fans here? :mad:

fatality_uk
September 7th, 2008, 07:16 PM
No, not the keyboard key :), the sport I have followed since I was a child, over 30 years has just made a mockery of the idea that F1 has anything to do with racing. After an exciting race and a great deal of action over the final laps, the FIA has just sank the last nail into the coffin of this sport with the decision to "GIVE" and undeserved victory to Ferrari and show bias to them YET AGAIN!!

:mad:

I'm off to follow another sport, I really am. Such a sad day :(

themissinglink1
September 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM
hey i completely agree. while not a fan of lewis hamilton he should never of lost his pole and been put third. i dont really understand why third and not second or fourth but there u go? it was some of the best racing in the second half of the race from lewis and agree that mclaren have been discriminated against AGAIN with ferrari benefitting. :mad:

billgoldberg
September 7th, 2008, 07:46 PM
No, not the keyboard key :), the sport I have followed since I was a child, over 30 years has just made a mockery of the idea that F1 has anything to do with racing. After an exciting race and a great deal of action over the final laps, the FIA has just sank the last nail into the coffin of this sport with the decision to "GIVE" and undeserved victory to Ferrari and show bias to them YET AGAIN!!

I stopped watching when Schumacher stopped.

regomodo
September 7th, 2008, 08:16 PM
#

themissinglink1
September 7th, 2008, 08:17 PM

pity its got better. but he was a genius if a bit cocky :)

SupaSonic
September 7th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Being a reds fan, I think Lewis pulled a speculative move on Kimi. Immediately after I saw it, I was surprised. Sure, he gave the spot back, but it was only a car's length. He immediately got a tow from Kimi and went past again. Since the rules say about 'gaining an advantage', i don't think that move was legal. He wouldn't be that close to Kimi had he not cut the corner.

Either way, if he hadn't been penalised, I would be ok with it. I personally don't remember any similar case in F1, so I think that sets a precedent. Other than that, it was a great race, and I think Lewis deserved to win it. This race reminded me of Spa in 98, a similar disappointment for me in the end but nonetheless a great race.

Nothing ever beats wet Spa in F1. What a track.

clanky
September 7th, 2008, 08:32 PM
i started watching again when schumacher stopped. F1 has become interesting again in the last 2 years.

+1

Dixon Bainbridge
September 7th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Does anyone overtake yet? Or is it still a procession of cars dominated by Ferrari and McClaren, the winner of which is dictated by whichever team got the fuel strategy right?

Racing should involve: car smashes, lots of fist waving and taunting, shunts, a spectacular accident in which no one gets hurt and two drivers have a fist fight at the side of the road.

For that reason, I prefer to watch touring cars.

clanky
September 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Does anyone overtake yet? Or is it still a procession of cars dominated by Ferrari and McClaren, the winner of which is dictated by whichever team got the fuel strategy right?

It seems to be more to do with whichever team had the legal strategy right, but the races themselves are more interesting than they used to be.

Victormd
September 7th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Being from Brazil, I pretty much stopped when Senna died...

shifty2
September 7th, 2008, 08:44 PM
There is no real consistency with the FIA. Thats whats frustrating.

SupaSonic
September 7th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I think MS needs to give the current Ferrari drivers a lesson about driving in the wet. One of them can't keep a car on track, and the other is 15 seconds slower than Hamilton on the last lap. Pathetic.

fiddledd
September 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Schumacher used to get away with murder, so to speak. At the time most people, myself included, thought it was because of who he was, and what he meant to the sport.

Well now it seems I was wrong, he got away with it because he was driving a Ferrari. Hamilton will not become world champion, because he drives a McLaren.

What's the betting that if the championship goes to the last race, Hamilton gets a penalty and starts 10 places back on the grid.

shifty2
September 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I think MS needs to give the current Ferrari drivers a lesson about driving in the wet. One of them can't keep a car on track, and the other is 15 seconds slower than Hamilton on the last lap. Pathetic.

That was hilarious at Silverstone. I think Massa spun about 7 times and Raikonnen crashed. Meanwhile Hamilton finished with nigh on a minute to spare...

SupaSonic
September 7th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Btw:
The rule states; not only must the driver give up the corner if he cuts it, he must gain no competitive advantage for the next TWO corners.

ubuntu-freak
September 7th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Btw:
The rule states; not only must the driver give up the corner if he cuts it, he must gain no competitive advantage for the next TWO corners.

Still, he would've got away with it if he was driving a Ferrari. It's no secret, at all, that McLaren are shafted whenever possible, and they have learned to live with it.

Edit: Just watched the footage again. Hamilton was leading just before the damp track forced him to cut the corner anyway. Wasn't much of an advantage, but he gave the place back. No one seems to mention that two corner rule, I don't believe it's real. Can you provide a link? What if there was a long straight after a corner was cut, before they met the next corner, and then another straight before the second corner? That's an awfully long time for a driver to wait before they can overtake.

SupaSonic
September 8th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I don't know if the rule is real or not ) In any case, I was wrong, there was a precedent before: Alonso vs. Klien Suzuka 2005. Alonso cut the corner overtaking Klien, then gave the place to Klien only to take it back on the straight seconds later. He was forced to give the place back to Klien again, and that is what LH should have done.

Here is a video of this incident: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vdy6qzI2-A4

fiddledd
September 8th, 2008, 08:42 AM
McLaren are appealing the ruling.

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Hamilton attempts an impossible overtake round the outside into a chicane in the wet on dry tyres, fails to make the corner, cuts it, gains advantage.
Gives back lead but is now close enough to be within the aerodynamic tow of opponent Raikkonen, so the impossible lunge that led to Hamilton cutting the corner has given him an advantage, even though he gave the place back to Raikkonen.
The 25s penalty will be upheld.

Spa is a phenomenal track, I've ridden it a few times on bikes, it's easily the highlight of the F1 season, just a pity that the rain held off for so long on Sunday.

It will be interesting to see if Robert Kubica can finish third in the driver's championship ahead of Raikkonen, I think he's one to watch for the future.

vishzilla
September 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Its sad that Hamilton gets docked by FIA all the time. This season was interesting until Kimi started losing steam. I would have loved to see a 3-way battle between Lewis, Massa and Kimi. Now it seems its a battle between Lewis and Massa. IMO, Hamilton will come on top based on car reliablity. McLaren car has been more reliable. Ferrari, they need Schumi back :)

mips
September 8th, 2008, 10:52 AM

I basically stopped watching halfway through his career, it just got boring. I must add though that I was a Schumi fan from his Benneton days though.

These days I think A1 GP is more exciting to watch than the F1. The WRC still takes the cake for me though ;)

fatality_uk
September 8th, 2008, 11:09 AM
For all those mentioning an "aero tow", I assume that Ferrari have made new winglets that give a SIDEWAYS tow ;) as from the TV replay, you can see that LH was behind KR for about 0.25 seconds. :D

Momentum! LH slowed to allow an accelerating KR past :|

Bah humbug!!!

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 11:32 AM
How close would LH have been to KR if LH hadn't attempted the impossible and made the foolish lunge round the outside of KR and cut the chicane?
LH is an impatient hothead and still has much to learn.
He could easily have passed KR up the hill after Eau Rouge or at Les Combes at the top.
What LH attempted would have been OK as a desperate last lap, last gasp effort, but he still had plenty time and chances left to get past cleanly without infringing any rules.

ubuntu-freak
September 8th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Funny how many here presume F1 is boring/still boring. Well, it's NOT. That's like Linus Torvalds presuming Debian is still hard to install, then once he is corrected, says he won't use Debian cos' it was hard to install in the past.

F1 is exciting and Debian is easy to install, okay?? ;)

fiddledd
September 8th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Funny how many here presume F1 is boring/still boring. Well, it's NOT. That's like Linus Torvalds presuming Debian is still hard to install, then once he is corrected, says he won't use Debian cos' it was hard to install in the past.

F1 can be boring, sometimes. But Hamilton has made it more interesting.

Oh, and if it rains, it gets more exciting.

ubuntu-freak
September 8th, 2008, 11:39 AM
LH is an impatient hothead and still has much to learn.

Much to learn? Patients is one thing he may lack, tell me what else he needs to learn.

SupaSonic
September 8th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Some gps are boring, just look at Valencia. But this one was great.

As for LH, he has got great speed but again he sometimes makes stupid mistakes. Not to say that others don't do it from time to time, but he is in the spotlight more than anyone in F1 right now.

For all those mentioning an "aero tow", I assume that Ferrari have made new winglets that give a SIDEWAYS tow ;) as from the TV replay, you can see that LH was behind KR for about 0.25 seconds. :D

Momentum! LH slowed to allow an accelerating KR past :|

I knew that I had to let him past and also the team came over the radio and said 'you have to let him past' which I did. I was accelerating so that I didn't lose too much ground because I thought that would be unfair. Fortunately I got back in his slipstream

Well, LH thought it unfair. I for one felt cutting the corner was unfair.

vishzilla
September 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
He could have waited for a while. Kimi was struggling in the last 10 laps. Ferrari have been less impressive this year

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Much to learn? Patients is one thing he may lack, tell me what else he needs to learn.

Grace in accepting the decisions of the race officials.

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM

F1 can be exciting, but usually it's not.

Debian is very easy to install nowadays.

ubuntu-freak
September 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Grace in accepting the decisions of the race officials.

The team don't accept the decision. They have accepted decisions in the past. It has nothing to do with grace.

Half-Left
September 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Being a reds fan, I think Lewis pulled a speculative move on Kimi. Immediately after I saw it, I was surprised. Sure, he gave the spot back, but it was only a car's length. He immediately got a tow from Kimi and went past again. Since the rules say about 'gaining an advantage', i don't think that move was legal. He wouldn't be that close to Kimi had he not cut the corner.

Either way, if he hadn't been penalised, I would be ok with it. I personally don't remember any similar case in F1, so I think that sets a precedent. Other than that, it was a great race, and I think Lewis deserved to win it. This race reminded me of Spa in 98, a similar disappointment for me in the end but nonetheless a great race.

And what about the part where Kimi left the track and got a big sling shot to pass him on the next corner, he was going so fast into that corner they nearly collided. It's ok for Massa to race down the pit lane and only get off with a fine.

The FIA have been watching mclaren all year and waiting to penalize them for anything.

What does FIA stand for again?,
Ferrari Internal Affairs.

SupaSonic
September 8th, 2008, 12:59 PM
And what about the part where Kimi left the track and got a big sling shot to pass him on the next corner, he was going so fast into that corner they nearly collided. It's ok for Massa to race down the pit lane and only get off with a fine.

The FIA have been watching mclaren all year and waiting to penalize them for anything.

What does FIA stand for again?,
Ferrari Internal Affairs.

The racing down the pit lane is so common this season i'm surprised they even investigated it. Even in Spa some car was released in a similar way. And remember the Alonso/Vettel incident?

As for your first point, LH went off in that corenr too, only earlier, and he was able to come back earlier. Have a look at this:
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq184/modbaraban/1-3.jpg

You're forgetting that there is less grip in the run-off areas as well.

SupaSonic
September 8th, 2008, 01:04 PM
On another note, we have referees in sports. Why don't we have one in F1? We have abstract stewards, each race they are different. At least if it was one person, everyone who is dissatisfied with the decision could point a finger at him and say: "I blame that guy!"

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 01:11 PM
The team don't accept the decision. They have accepted decisions in the past. It has nothing to do with grace.

Not the team, the driver.
It is a personal quality that he seems to lack, probably through immaturity.

Canis familiaris
September 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM

There have not been just at all and biased to Ferrari. That's wHY i left following F1 years ago.

Half-Left
September 8th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Thats not the corner, I'm talking about this one.

Kimi drove a straight line back onto the track and got a sling shot of that to get so close on the next corner as the images suggest.

SupaSonic
September 8th, 2008, 01:21 PM
That is the same corner methinks ) A different part maybe but still. Anyway, there's the green high kerb and grass there. I really don't believe Kimi wouldn't return to the track at the very 1st opportunity. Oh well, it's hypothetical now, maybe you are right.

I'm still surprised how Kimi squeezed in between Lewis and Nico there, I was like 'how close was that!'

Half-Left
September 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Interesting read. http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3265_4116523,00.html

So Lewis got 25 seconds penalty purely on cutting the chicane, giving the place back to Kimi made no difference even though you ARE supposed to do that which nulls the advantage.

fatality_uk
September 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM
It just gets worse and worse. The actual decision is so confused it's mind boggling.

Raikkonen’s car did get fully in front of Hamilton’s – his speed across the start/finish line was 212km/h, compared to 206km/h for Hamilton. So Lewis got NO advantage in speed or position.

I'd follow Football, but im British/English so that's a waste of time :D

backupdevice
September 8th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Schumacher used to get away with murder, so to speak. At the time most people, myself included, thought it was because of who he was, and what he meant to the sport.

Well now it seems I was wrong, he got away with it because he was driving a Ferrari. Hamilton will not become world champion, because he drives a McLaren.

What's the betting that if the championship goes to the last race, Hamilton gets a penalty and starts 10 places back on the grid.

You can also say that Mclaren had to be expelled from F1 forever , because they were involved in a spy scandal. Only reasson they are still there is because F1 needs Mercedes, so dont go there.

fiddledd
September 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
You can also say that Mclaren had to be expelled from F1 forever , because they were involved in a spy scandal. Only reasson they are still there is because F1 needs Mercedes, so dont go there.

Too late, I've already said it.

backupdevice
September 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Too late, I've already said it.

damn

fiddledd
September 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
damn

lol.

Actually I've been watching F1 since the 1960s (yes, I'm old) and I don't remember there being so much controversy in the sport before the 1980s. But maybe it's just my failing memory.:)

Slug71
September 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
F1 definitley needs some changes! I dont watch it much anymore because Speed TV suck and they dont support it and MotoGP, SBK or WRC very much. Not much at all in fact. Im not a big Hamilton fan myself but this sport has just become ridiculous since Villeneuve won the Champ. IMO. All the cars should just be made equal like the A1GP.

backupdevice
September 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM
lol.

Actually I've been watching F1 since the 1960s (yes, I'm old) and I don't remember there being so much controversy in the sport before the 1980s. But maybe it's just my failing memory.:)

you mean you miss the clashes of Prost en Senna

mips
September 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
IMO. All the cars should just be made equal like the A1GP.

I kinda agree with you but then there will be no more constructers champions ;)

fiddledd
September 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
you mean you miss the clashes of Prost en Senna

Well that was the late 80s, early 90s. It was probably one of the bitterest rivalries I can remember.

There was genuine excitement in the sport then. There was even overtaking (or am I imagining that). You also expected Prost or Senna to take the other off the track. And that happened more than once.

Senna was a great loss to the sport. I think It was his death that prompted many of the safety measures, some of which have made the sport more dull.

Maybe it's just selective memory, but years ago it seemed like sport, now it seems like a business.

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Raikkonen’s car did get fully in front of Hamilton’s – his speed across the start/finish line was 212km/h, compared to 206km/h for Hamilton. So Lewis got NO advantage in speed or position.

I take the view that by having his mad lunge which failed and resulted in him cutting the chicane, he ended up closer to Raikkonen than he would have been had he followed Raikkonen through the chicane.
His move was a mistake and he's paid the price.

As for footy, cheer up it could be worse, you could be a Scot like me, now that's real torture watching Scotland.

With some exceptions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtC1pByt-os

xpod
September 8th, 2008, 07:22 PM
As for footy, cheer up it could be worse, you could be a Scot like me, now that's real torture watching Scotland

Ach well,we`re not doing too bad in the tennis just now:)

ubuntu-freak
September 8th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Not the team, the driver.
It is a personal quality that he seems to lack, probably through immaturity.

Why should he accept it if he thinks it's wrong? He gave the place back to KR, then outbraked him.

If you care so much about grace, watch ballet or figure skating. Hamilton is a racing driver and competitor.

P.S. Hamilton has shown great maturity in coping with Alonso's past behaviour, and the racist taunts he has recieved. You just don't like the English, yeah?

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Why should he accept it if he thinks it's wrong?

Ever played Rugby Union?

As for the English bit, my wife is English, does that answer your question?

ubuntu-freak
September 8th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Ever played Rugby Union?

As for the English bit, my wife is English, does that answer your question?

No.

Yes.

mips
September 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Senna was a great loss to the sport.

He was one helluva driver. I enjoyed the rivalry between him and Prost.

archer6
September 8th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Funny how many here presume F1 is boring/still boring. Well, it's NOT.

I concur.

I am a VERY enthusiastic F-1 Advocate.
Having either attended, or viewed on TV over 95% of all F-1 Races since 1970, I could begin a rant here that would go on, and on and....

Well you get my drift...yeah sideways like a Sprint Car on Dirt....:)

That said, I've also experienced the wide range of emotions from complete disgust and boredom (F-1 Parade?) to almost giving up paying attention at all. To reminding myself that I am first and foremost an F-1 Enthusiast. Thus in times of turmoil, and wretched racing, I've chosen to refocus on the technical side, which always presents a lot to learn, focus on, and enjoy. When the "drivers / spoiled brats" get out of control, once again I turn to the technology behind the sport.
Would I like to see some improvements? OH heck yeah! Would I like to see some real racing (like passing , passing?) yes. But at the end of the day I will take whatever it happens to be while it still exists. Nothing lasts forever, and somehow I think we are in the twilight years of F-1. So I'm going to enjoy each and every event until the traveling circus folds.

Cheers Mates!

gn2
September 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
No.

Yes.

In Rugby Union the slightest comment to the ref gets penalised.
Union players accept the ref's decisions without even a murmur.
This is how all sportsmen should behave.

jrusso2
September 9th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Give me the good old days, Jackie Stewart, Graham Hill, Jim Clark, Dan Gurney, Phil Hill, Jack Brabham and Jackie Icyx of Formula one.
All during the 1960's through the 1970's just reading the roster of drivers was like reading a list of all time greats of the sport.

archer6
September 9th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Give me the good old days, Jackie Stewart, Graham Hill, Jim Clark, Dan Gurney, Phil Hill, Jack Brabham and Jackie Icyx of Formula one.
All during the 1960's through the 1970's just reading the roster of drivers was like reading a list of all time greats of the sport.

I could not have said it better myself....:)

samjh
September 9th, 2008, 12:45 AM
It just gets worse and worse. The actual decision is so confused it's mind boggling.

It was a highly dubious penalty.

However, on the issue of whether Hamilton's action was correct or not, my view is that it was correct to the letter of the rules but not the spirit. Hamilton did cede his position, true, but did not cede his advantage. He himself admitted during the post-race press conference that he kept accelerating and got into Kimi's slipstream (despite some claims to the contrary that he did not slipstream).

The situation is very similar to the Alonso vs Klien situation years ago, when Alonso was forced to cut a chicane during a failed overtake against Klien. He was ordered to cede his position, and did so. But like Hamilton, he got behind Klien almost immediately and overtook him. Stewards ordered him to cede his position a second time otherwise he'd be penalised with a drive-through.

If Hamilton had lifted off after the first corner of the chicane and allowed Kimi the get ahead the same amount as he was before the chicane, Hamilton would have most likely got away with it. But instead he got clever and ceded only the position without ceding the advantage.

Having said that, the penalty was way overboard. A grid drop at Monza would have been a cleaner. The stripping of the win was too harsh.

(DISCLAIMER: I do not support either Ferrari or McLaren, Kimi or Hamilton. In fact, I'm biased in favour of McLaren.)

archer6
September 9th, 2008, 03:48 AM
It was a highly dubious penalty.

However, on the issue of whether Hamilton's action was correct or not, my view is that it was correct to the letter of the rules but not the spirit.
Having said that, the penalty was way overboard. A grid drop at Monza would have been a cleaner. The stripping of the win was too harsh.

Well Said! I could not agree more. Thanks for the well written commentary. A true statement from a knowledgeable F-1 fan.

Cheers!

frankleeee
September 9th, 2008, 03:57 AM

Try GP motorcycle they just as fast without the protection of a enclosure.

archer6
September 9th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Try GP motorcycle they just as fast without the protection of a enclosure.

Can you say: "Factory Works" Ducati 999R Fila SuperBike?

And NO, it's not one of the street model replicas. No lights, nothing legal. Pure pukka race bike, slicks and all.

Mine is chassis number 008 from the small group of Race Spec bikes built for the World Superbike Championship. A leftover of sorts, it was one that was unused (carried as a spare in the transporter), and offered to me at the end of the season with not one racing kilometer on it. Call it a stroke of luck in combination with being a longtime Ducati SPA customer...:)

frankleeee
September 9th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Can you say: "Factory Works" Ducati 999R Fila SuperBike?

And NO, it's not one of the street model replicas. No lights, nothing legal. Pure pukka race bike, slicks and all.

Mine is chassis number 008 from the small group of Race Spec bikes built for the World Superbike Championship. A leftover of sorts, it was one that was unused (carried as a spare in the transporter), and offered to me at the end of the season with not one racing kilometer on it. Call it a stroke of luck in combination with being a longtime Ducati SPA customer...:)

Do you have a picture of it. I used to watch GP racing when it was just 2 stroke, I don't have cable to watch it anymore, since the 4 strokes took over. I have owned a number of bikes 2 Kawasaki triples, a 500, and a 750, 3 different Rd 350 and 400 Yamaha's, a couple of 750 Honda 4s, and a 900 Kawasaki Ninja.

Chilli Bob
September 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM
DAMMIT!!! DAMMITT!!! DAMMITT!!

When will I learn not to look into these sort of threads until after I watch the race. My spoiler radar isn't working.

Not having had time to watch this race yet, I can't comment on this particular incident, but as a Ferrari fan even I have to admit things sometimes are uncomfortably pro-Ferrari in the FIA. I want the reds to win (or at least McLaren NOT win), but not this way.

To be honest I'm cheering for Kubica this year. You have no Idea how much it jars to be supporting BMW.

Couldn't agree more! It's the king of the F1 circuit. (Though the old Hockenheim circuit was pretty good too.)

fatality_uk
September 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM
DAMMIT!!! DAMMITT!!! DAMMITT!!

When will I learn not to look into these sort of threads until after I watch the race. My spoiler radar isn't working.

Not having had time to watch this race yet, I can't comment on this particular incident, but as a Ferrari fan even I have to admit things sometimes are uncomfortably pro-Ferrari in the FIA. I want the reds to win (or at least McLaren NOT win), but not this way.

To be honest I'm cheering for Kubica this year. You have no Idea how much it jars to be supporting BMW.

Couldn't agree more! It's the king of the F1 circuit. (Though the old Hockenheim circuit was pretty good too.)

Sorry dude :| Spoiler warning next time they take points away for no reason ;)

As for MotoGP. The Rossi / Stoner battle has been fascinating to watch. These guys really ride at 100% of the limit all the time and the stewards like to watch racing :D

archer6
September 9th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Do you have a picture of it. I used to watch GP racing when it was just 2 stroke, I don't have cable to watch it anymore, since the 4 strokes took over. I have owned a number of bikes 2 Kawasaki triples, a 500, and a 750, 3 different Rd 350 and 400 Yamaha's, a couple of 750 Honda 4s, and a 900 Kawasaki Ninja.
Here is my 2004 Factory Works Ducati Fila 999r Superbike
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee347/xtechnologist/FW999r02.jpg

AlanR8
September 9th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Just read the whole thread and have to say my piece.

LH is a GREAT driver, yes I'm British!

He has his faults, but IMHO is a great talent that will match Michael Schumacher in the future reviews of the past.

Last weekend at Spa was a travesty.

Given the conditions early in the race the Red Devils would have, and deserved to win. They were clearly faster than McLaren.

However, that's not what it's all about. It's about being able to drive in ALL conditions and take whatever advantage you can, within the rules of course. (Silverstone 2008 is a good example of what I'm talking about).

I've not heard of the two corner rule before, but I consider that LH gave the position back in case an advantage was called. I think he did the right thing.

What the "judgement" does NOT seem to take into account is that Kimi span off the road because he couldn't handle the wet conditions as well as Lewis. He span off far enough away from the "incident" that in my opinion the two episodes are not related.

Therefore, he was a NON finisher.

Therefore he deserved no points.

Therefore, why was the "incident" raised in the first place? If Kimi HAD finished the race then fair enough.

So you have to ask, why the enquiry, and why the decision?

It seems to me to be unsafe and brings the sport's controlling body into disrepute.

Have a look here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp08/petition.html