PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Missing Administration apple

dynamox
September 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hello guys,

just installed Xubuntu 8.04 and try to get my wireless card working. In the mean time i need to get to Administration applet under System but when i go there i don't see it. What am i missing ? Been using Fedora for years, trying to give ubuntu a try on my laptop :)

Thank you for your help

joshp1
September 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Administration applet? It might be the system tab in start menu or settings manager

lswb
September 7th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Click on system/preferences/Main Menu. When the window opens, click on system in the left pane, then make sure that Administration is checked in the right pane.

dynamox
September 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Looks like Xubuntu 8.04 does not have a Administration applet. It does have settings manager though. Must be a Ubuntu/Kubuntu applet.

gkestrel
September 13th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Look in system menu and then choose network to find the network settings in xubuntu, you need to click unlock and enter your user password to be able to make any changes to the network settings. Your wireless network card may or may not be listed there depending on if the card has been recognised. If the card is not listed there, either search the forums or google for your make and model of wireless card, or else you will need to provide further details of the make and model before anyone will be able to try and help you to set it up.