PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Firefox menus with mouse hovering problem

MrMarc
September 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Ok this problem has plagued me through two fresh Ubuntu installs (I like formatting, what can I say?!) and while it's not a critical showstopping problem it's annoying all the same.

So when I'm opening up Firefox and doing my usual thing, whenever I take the mouse to the menu at the top; File, Edit, View, Etc... whichever menu I hover over disappears into the background colour. Likewise, when I do click on a menu, that menu is also vanished behind the highlight colour.

The screenshot shows what I mean in regards to the mouse hovering, but for some reason Print Screen will not work while I actually have a menu selected so I can't show that.

MrMarc
September 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Bumpy? :s

DJ_Peng
September 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Is that with the default theme?

Also, just an FYI, bumping a thread within 24 hours of the last post is frowned upon around here. Bumping a thread that's a mere 3 hours old can get you fussed at by a moderator.

MrMarc
September 7th, 2008, 10:06 PM
My bad DJ_Peng, thanks for the warning! I was a little overly worried about seeing the thread slip down.

For your question this is using the Glossy theme that's already installed. With the Human theme though the same thing happens, and any other of the preset themes. It's just Firefox though, for example I have Exaile and Deluge running in the background but the menus display fine when hovered over...

DJ_Peng
September 8th, 2008, 12:10 PM
It should only be in Firefox since it uses a different methodology for showing the theme. You should check at the mozillaZine Forums (see my sig for a link) to see if anyone knows what's happening. They're the best source for support for Mozilla products.

That said, I have that problem with the MacOSX theme, but I know the person who develops the Compact Classic theme had that issue a few months ago and he was able to fix it. I'm not sure what he did to fix it, but I don't have the issue with the default theme that ships with Firefox 3. I use the version of Firefox 3 from Mozilla, not the Ubuntu repos, so we may have a slightly different default theme.