PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installation get blocked by BusyBox

ambigioz
September 7th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Hello :)
I have recently discovered that each time i try to install ubuntu or simil-like distros (linux mint),after charging the kernel appears the BusyBox v.1 (debian),both if i try live session and installation procedure..
I think it can be an hardware problem,i have inteldualcore,2 gb ram,ATI 2400 PRO in a dell pc.
Could anyone help me??(altought i were used to use ubuntu and now i have to use win vista :(:(:))

Sef
September 7th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I have recently discovered that each time i try to install ubuntu or simil-like distros (linux mint),after charging the kernel appears the BusyBox v.1 (debian),both if i try live session and installation procedure..

Could be. Sometimes a certain distribution will not work with certain hardware. On one computer once, I had to use a slackware derivative to get it work with GNU/Linux.

1) Have you md5summed the download?

2) Burned the iso at 4x or less?

3) Run 'Check disk for errors'? (Instead of booting into the cd, go down about 4 lines.)

ambigioz
September 7th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Yep,the disk has any problem,altought i used it already on 4 pc :o)
And at the beginning i had installed ubuntu on my pc too,only after a week it had this problem,then i tryed to reistall it..and...here i am :)