PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where is the dock toolbar and "The box"

K-evil
September 7th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Im new to LInux i am looking for someone to point me in the right direction with navigating on here

ad_267
September 7th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Have a look here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=809695

The most popular dock is Avant Window Navigator and by "the box" I think you mean the cube plugin for Compiz-fusion.

Also it will be useful to know that you can install new applications by going to System - Administration - Synaptic Package Manager and searching for the application you want.

evildragon2
September 7th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Are talking about the bar with minimize close and maximize?If you are then this command will restore the bar.Type it in the terminal.

metacity --replace

K-evil
September 7th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I meant The Cube. And i need drivers for Nvidia 6150se

ad_267
September 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM
You should be able to go to System - Administration - Hardware Drivers and enable the nvidia driver.

TheUbGuy
September 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
You should be able to go to System - Administration - Hardware Drivers and enable the nvidia driver.

... and after you get your video driver working, you'll need to use Compiz to get 'The Cube'. Go to System, Preferences, and Advanced Desktop Effects Settings, which will bring up the CompizConfig Settings Manager. Go under Desktop and you'll see an option for the Cube.

ad_267
September 7th, 2008, 09:29 PM
To get advanced desktop effects settings you have to install the compizconfig-settings-manager first though. It should all be explained on the FAQ sticky. :)

JCyberinux
October 22nd, 2010, 03:48 AM
i know this post is 2 years old, but i just going ask, how adding an applications like trash, clock, etc. on avant dock.? thanks!