PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Boot-up Problems

meikel14
September 7th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Hello!

I don't know if this post belongs in this group, but at this time I cannot make exactly sure what is at the heart of my problem.

I use Ubuntu Studio in a dual OS Environment. The other OS is Windows XP Pro. Ubuntu Studio is installed on a separate Hard Disk, so I don't think that WIN XP will interfere if Ubuntu runs and vice versa.

After selecting Ubuntu from Grub, I often have to wait a long time for the login screen to appear. Sometimes the screen appears within a minute, other times it takes so long that I have to press the "Power" button on my PC to end the boot-up process and try again. In both cases the monitor receives information as seen by the green LED, which otherwise would be dark orange.

Has someone here an idea how I can make sure Ubuntu Studio boots every time successfully?

Thanks in advance

potosino11
September 30th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Yea, I'm having a problem that's kind of close to that. I have just one hard drive though, with ubuntu studio 8.04 and windows xp pro sp3 running on a dual boot. I had no problem with the boot up until when instead of shutting the computer down I just put suspend. Now when i just pushed a key for it to come back on, nothing happened. The monitor light just flashes as it would be in stand by. The first time I put the computer to hibernate, which gave me the same results except after I shut it down completely, it would start up normally again, but now sometimes the computer light on the power button doesn't even come on and it sometimes won't load the cd/dvd drives either. I don't know if i just have to wait longer for the computer to come back on or what, but I can't load ANYTHING. I wonder if it has anything to do with my hardware.

waendelao
September 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
try booting from the cd and press F4 and see what options you get from there... am not in front of a booting process to tell you exactly what to do after that, sorry!