PDA

View Full Version : How long it takes for the freecds shipping?

JerryW
November 17th, 2005, 02:21 AM
I am in China right now.
I applied for 55cds package a month ago. And keep check the status everyday, it seems that stucks at :
2005-10-03: 55 CDs (sent to shipping company)

Does anybody know who is in charge of this?

Thanks,
jerry

dcast
November 17th, 2005, 02:24 AM
it takes a while so i wouldnt be worried yet give it another month but at least its free wo whos complaining :)

earobinson
November 17th, 2005, 02:25 AM
I know a guy that got them in 3 weeks :( i have been waiting over a month

az
November 17th, 2005, 02:48 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=90650

It can take over six weeks, AFAIK.

JerryW
November 25th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Thanks Ubuntu linux!
I just got the package!
Actually, we had a company level software symposium two month ago. Our group demoed different linux distro on the opening day. A lots of developers in our company were interested in Ubuntu linux, which is 5.04 version I was using.
Also we distrubuted 20 free CDs which are from Ubuntu. The free ubuntu cds was taken in such a short time and more and more people kept asking the avaiablity. Then we put a sheet for people to sign in so that when the new version comes out we can order the free cds together.
After that, I got a lot of posiative feedback about the ubuntu linux. So this time I presenting the team "order" a 55cds package. And I got it today. I can't wait to send people who signed email asking them to stop and take one.
It seems everything went smoothly. Suddenly, I get a call saying the live CD doesn't work on a Dell desktop. It turns out that the CD fails at integrity testing.
Then, I tried several cds. The result is not good. Then I notice there is a note about "exclude port 0x800-0x8ff. Following the instruction, it booted. Wonderful!

I also tested the live CD on my Dell latitude d600, it went very very smoothly and faster than on the desktop.

Enjoying....
Anyway, thank ubuntu linux.