PDA

View Full Version : My Ubuntu Mirror

jamieh
September 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hey all,
I just got dumped this morning :'(
So I made an Ubuntu mirror to cheer myself up :D (ah simple pleasures)

http://tinyurl.com/jh-ubuntumirror

Enjoy it.

~jamieh

Speed Demon
September 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Ouch sorry bout the getting dumped. I like your site... nice and clean. But perhaps a part for x86-64? Thanx

jamieh
September 7th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that.
It's kind of a pain in the *** to edit websites because I have to put the files on a flash drive and plug it into the server and copy the files. Is there a way to set up a Remote Desktop system or something to make it easier? My main computer is a Mac Pro, so something Mac-compatible.

Thanks!!

Oh and about your signature: RAP = acronym for Retards Attempting Poetry ;)

Ouch sorry bout the getting dumped. I like your site... nice and clean. But perhaps a part for x86-64? Thanx

FuturePilot
September 7th, 2008, 12:25 AM
it's kind of a pain in the *** to edit websites because i have to put the files on a flash drive and plug it into the server and copy the files. Is there a way to set up a remote desktop system or something to make it easier? My main computer is a mac pro, so something mac-compatible.

ssh :)

jamieh
September 7th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Sorry I'm a total idiot :P
How would I go about setting up SSH?

FuturePilot
September 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Assuming the server is running Ubuntu these are good instructions
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSHHowto

Even if it's another distro you could probably still loosely follow those instructions.

at2smithjason
September 7th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Nice, I added it to my Stumble! profile. So the people that actually look at it might try it.

zmjjmz
September 7th, 2008, 02:03 AM
What is the server running on?
Because chances are you can just
ssh username@domain
IT will prompt you for the user's password, and you're in!
Or, you can use an FTP client, like FileZilla.

Dr Small
September 7th, 2008, 02:07 AM
+1 for SSH :)

jamieh
September 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Okay thanks, I got it working with SSH :)

jamieh
September 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Oh, and I am downloading the x64 ISOs and will add them later today.

jamieh
September 7th, 2008, 08:44 PM
There we go. x64 images are up ;)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Speed Demon
September 9th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Oh and about your signature: RAP = acronym for Retards Attempting Poetry ;)

Yeah i tried puttin that in my sig a while back... it made my sig too many lines as i like stuff on it own line :)

Speed Demon
September 9th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah... not to sound pushy here... lol the site is good already but perhaps Kubuntu and Xubuntu links as well... those are popular too! I switch between KDE and GNOME (i seem to like KDE more but i got rid of it till intrepid, ps no need to mirror testing images lol) so it could be useful

also, when intrepid comes out, if it would not be too much trouble, perhaps link to the latest REG-RELEASE and the latest LTS-RELEASE?

no need to do anything of this its just my 2cents... heck if it werent for the unrelieablilty of my server at times (and lack of space sometimes too :) ) i would do this... check that i think i will... all the help in the world is needed it seems as linux gets more popular :popcorn:

jamieh
October 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Added the Intrepid countdown!

When 8.10 comes out, I'll add Kubuntu as well.

jamieh
October 24th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Not that anyone actually uses this thing, but would keeping old versions up be of any use to anyone?