PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ctrl key - Copy paste not working with keyboard (GNOME)

bl00dninja
September 6th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Ctrl C, Ctrl V and all other control key commands are not working with the ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron, they stopped working past 2 days after i donwloaded a bunch of packages. i installed ubuntu a week back and everything was fine.

please advice

:confused:

shekhark
December 8th, 2008, 10:25 PM
My left and right control keys aren't working anywhere, in a fresh Intrepid Ibex (8.10) install. I did not change anything, did not install KeyTouch, and my keyboard works fine. I have scoured the web for similar posts and help but found none so far. Help!

ashinshanghai
December 16th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Ditto. I tried messing around in System>>Preferences>>Keyboard, but nothing in there in the layout options seems to fix it.

--out of ctrl

ashinshanghai
December 16th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Ditto. I tried messing around in System>>Preferences>>Keyboard, but nothing in there in the layout options seems to fix it.

--out of ctrl

ashinshanghai
December 16th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Actually, now that I look deeper, it seems the Ctrl key is only not working in Firefox...

--out of ctrl

vgrisham
December 17th, 2008, 04:11 AM
To narrow it down even further for me, it's not working in gmail.

vgrisham
January 2nd, 2009, 04:19 AM
This problem seems to be caused by greasefire/greasemonkey. I deactivated greasefire, et voila I could copy and paste again. I think it may be the igoogle sidebar script that is causing this, but I'm not sure.