PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Xfce launches Orage at startup

scip
September 6th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I have ubuntu 8.04 running Xfce (and gnome and kde). For some reason, when I log into Xfce, the Orage calendar and preferences windows open at startup. I've unchecked the "Save session for future logins" checkbox during logout, but it still opens.

Is this a bug or is there something else that is controlling the launch of this? Not a big deal, just a bit annoying.

I should add that I checked the Autostarted apps in the Settings Manager and Orage is not included in the list.

Predator106
September 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Well I'm just throwing this out there, but try closing that program and then clicking save the list of running applications, the button, not the checkbox. If it isn't there, just ignore me :) I only use GNOME but am still trying to be helpful :).

kjohansen
September 6th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Orage can also be added as a panel item. So it is possible that the clock you have on a panel is causing it to be opened. You can remove it from the panel and then add the basic clock.

randcoop
September 10th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Did you find the answer to this question? I have the same problem and nothing seems to be able to stop Orage from starting when XFCE starts. I have removed it from the panel, but still no help.

randcoop
September 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
The fix is to close all orage that are running, then remove the .cache folder from your home directory. .cache is where the settings from the previous sessions are saved. If you do this, the next time you log in, orage will not start.

etnlIcarus
September 10th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Before I uninstalled Orage (one possible solution) I'm pretty sure there was an autostart entry for it.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9531/autoti4.png

Alternatively, go to the ~/.config/autostart directory and delete anything relating to orage.

scip
September 18th, 2008, 03:05 AM
The fix is to close all orage that are running, then remove the .cache folder from your home directory. .cache is where the settings from the previous sessions are saved. If you do this, the next time you log in, orage will not start.

Yes, deleting the .cache directory from my home directory worked, thanks!

MusashiAharon
December 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I have the same problem, but closing the Orage windows and running
rm -rf ~/.cache/ didn't work for me.

I then tried removing the Orage clock panel and removing ~/.cache/, but that also didn't work.

morgengenuss
December 9th, 2008, 10:33 AM
go to orage preferences -> display -> calendar start -> hide (radiobutton)

this should work in general and can be especially useful if you use orage in your panel and clicked it and it opened every session after that.