PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] [SOLVED] gnome-terminals open in ~/Desktop ???

renauldo
September 5th, 2008, 09:27 PM
After upgrading to hardy, all my gnome-terminals default to being in ~/Desktop instead of $HOME. WTF?

How do I make the pain go away? This ~/Desktop insanity hurts me bad. I am bleeding inside. In my spleen. Also, in the kidneys.

Note that launching an xterm /doesn't/ end up in ~/Desktop, but rather, in $HOME proper. As it should.

yjwong
September 5th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm not too sure about this; but by any chance, do you have a custom command set for your Terminal profile? You can check this by going to Edit -> Current Profile... in GNOME Terminal. It is under the "Titles and Command" tab.

renauldo
September 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not too sure about this; but by any chance, do you have a custom command set for your Terminal profile? You can check this by going to Edit -> Current Profile... in GNOME Terminal. It is under the "Titles and Command" tab.

thanks for the idea, but alas, the only thing checked is "Update login records when command is launched," and unchecking that doesn't seem to help.

I've been grepping through dot files and clicking through gconf to see where this could be getting set, but find nothing...

renauldo
September 5th, 2008, 10:00 PM
holy crap, this was an intentional upstream change!? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

http://lists4.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2008-04/msg04502.html

At least I know who to send the spleen-repair bill to now.