PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying To Install Ubuntu

XiMeNSiOnS
September 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM
My ide port for cd drive is broken on my PC so the only way to connect my cd drive is by ide cable for hard drive, so on one ide cable I have my hard drive and then I have my cd drive on the other split end of it. When I try to install Ubuntu I get errors that something is wrong with my cd drive. Can anyone show me how I can install Ubuntu sucessfully with my problem I have with my PC.

Thanks a bunch.

overdrank
September 5th, 2008, 07:07 PM
My ide port for cd drive is broken on my PC so the only way to connect my cd drive is by ide cable for hard drive, so on one ide cable I have my hard drive and then I have my cd drive on the other split end of it. When I try to install Ubuntu I get errors that something is wrong with my cd drive. Can anyone show me how I can install Ubuntu sucessfully with my problem I have with my PC.

Thanks a bunch.

Hi and welcome, do you have the jumpers set correctly on the drive so they are set as master and slave, also are the proper locations on the ide cable.

XiMeNSiOnS
September 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
yeah the jumpers are set right just I think im getting errors because the CD drive isnt plugged into cd ide port. But I still need help :/

overdrank
September 6th, 2008, 11:39 AM
yeah the jumpers are set right just I think im getting errors because the CD drive isnt plugged into cd ide port. But I still need help :/

Hi and if you have the jumpers set right and in the correct position then it should work. If you can tell us the errors it may help narrow down the options. Can you check the cd for errors, and see the install screen?