View Full Version : I need to compile vb.net file

Uchiha_madara
September 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
hi every one

i use mono develop program to create My own .net projects but
the problem is when i need to run it there well be an error
I read the tutorial in this site :

http://www.monodevelop.com

but I don't understand , I need some body to tell me how can I compile My project and run it .......

please help me ...

cb951303
September 5th, 2008, 12:58 PM
you forgot the error msg

dgoosens
September 5th, 2008, 01:49 PM
hi,

you probably forgot to install the gmcs

sudo apt-get install mono-gmcs

should make it work...

Zugzwang
September 5th, 2008, 02:07 PM

I would say he/she rather needs vbnc: http://www.go-mono.com/docs/index.aspx?tlink=8@man%3avbnc(1)

themusicwave
September 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
The only way anyone can help you is if you tell us the exact error message and the snippet of code it relates to.

Otherwise, it is all just guessing.

Uchiha_madara
September 5th, 2008, 06:20 PM
The only way anyone can help you is if you tell us the exact error message and the snippet of code it relates to.

I am now fixing My Laptop The Screen is broken .....

how ever the message Like this form :
if we have this small Application :

Book.vb // there is no error in the Syntax
// but the message is seems Like this form :

there is an error in Book.exe

I don't Know what does this Mean......:confused:

Uchiha_madara
September 5th, 2008, 06:23 PM
hi,

sudo apt-get install mono-gmcs

should make it work...

mono-gmcs..... what does it make in mono develop:confused:

themusicwave
September 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I am now fixing My Laptop The Screen is broken .....

how ever the message Like this form :
if we have this small Application :

Book.vb // there is no error in the Syntax
// but the message is seems Like this form :

I don't Know what does this Mean......:confused:

I think we will really need the exact error message and code to help. I don't even have a clue from this message.

true_friend
September 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
mono-gmcs is the c# 2 compiler for mono. vbnc is for visual basic. But *recommended* is to use c# with mono, it is more mature and error free. VB.net is not a standard and not implemented wholly yet perhaps 60 to 70%.
Regards

Uchiha_madara
September 6th, 2008, 05:58 PM

this is the error :

Building Solution vesa

Building Project: vesa (Debug)
Performing main compilation...
vbnc -out:"/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/bin/Debug/vesa.exe" -nologo -utf8output -target:exe "/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/Books.vb" "/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/AssemblyInfo.vb" "/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/BooksMenu.vb"

Build failed. ApplicationName='vbnc', CommandLine='"@/tmp/tmp277e3d44.tmp"', CurrentDirectory='/home/laroza/vesa/vesa', PATH='/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games'

:KS:KS:KS:KS

Steveway
September 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/bin/Debug/vesa.exe
Wait, what?
Is that a double-account by laroza or just a coincidence?

Uchiha_madara
September 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Wait, what?
Is that a double-account by laroza or just a coincidence?

don't worry .. this is the user name.....
i use it in ubuntu on My Laptop....

....do you solve My problem ??

Uchiha_madara
September 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
mono-gmcs is the c# 2 compiler for mono. vbnc is for visual basic. But *recommended* is to use c# with mono, it is more mature and error free. VB.net is not a standard and not implemented wholly yet perhaps 60 to 70%.
Regards

i give you the error message......

so ..... do you advice me to install mono-gmcs, and vbnc .....??

the problem I am better in vb.net more than c#:popcorn:

Zugzwang
September 7th, 2008, 01:40 PM
vnbc *must* be installed if you want to compile vb.net in mono. It is *not* automatically installed when you install monodevelop.

Apart from that, it seems like the error message is actually swallowed by monodevelop. Try to execute the main building command from the terminal:

vbnc -out:"/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/bin/Debug/vesa.exe" -nologo -utf8output -target:exe "/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/Books.vb" "/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/AssemblyInfo.vb" "/home/laroza/vesa/vesa/BooksMenu.vb"

And paste here what you get.

Uchiha_madara
September 10th, 2008, 12:10 PM
vnbc *must* be installed if you want to compile vb.net in mono. It is *not* automatically installed when you install monodevelop.

Apart from that, it seems like the error message is actually swallowed by monodevelop. Try to execute the main building command from the terminal:

And paste here what you get.

how can i install vbnc ?

because there was an error : vbnc : command not found

Zugzwang
September 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
how can i install vbnc ?

because there was an error : vbnc : command not found

It's always best to search for a solution yourself first. Searching in the Ubuntu Forums would have given you the following thread containing a solution: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=481686&highlight=vbnc

Uchiha_madara
September 10th, 2008, 03:54 PM
It's always best to search for a solution yourself first. Searching in the Ubuntu Forums would have given you the following thread containing a solution: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=481686&highlight=vbnc

Thanks A lot ..... I'll try ....

-- can i write the vbnc statement to compile the vb file as you said above ???

-- Add/remove Applications give me Open source .. does that it give non-complete Software, so i need to install the Application From the Official site ..... is that true or not ?

Zugzwang
September 10th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Can i write the vbnc statement to compile the vb file as you said above ???

Don't know. Why don't you just try?

BTW: There seems to be no apparent reason why you tend to repeat punctation marks. Also please spent a little bit more time on writing your posts since it's hard to guess what you are actually trying to say.