PDA

View Full Version : why do i have read only access to forum?

adamogardner
September 5th, 2008, 12:56 AM
hey team, so for a few days except for here I can't post anywhere (begginers talk, general discussion, etc.) I am signed in though. does the fact that I have a new computer mean anything? I really don't get it.

chucky chuckaluck
September 5th, 2008, 02:50 AM
hello? is someone there? heloooooooo? hm...

Sef
September 5th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Moved to Forum Feedback and Help.

adamogardner
September 5th, 2008, 05:48 AM
hello? is someone there? heloooooooo? hm...

i'm here

p_quarles
September 5th, 2008, 05:56 AM
i'm here
I think chucky was joking (i.e., pretending that your post wasn't there).

In any case, are you sure you weren't trying to post in the archived section?

schauerlich
September 5th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I think chucky was joking (i.e., pretending that your post wasn't there).

In any case, are you sure you weren't trying to post in the archived section?

This post was moved from Purple Ponies.

p_quarles
September 5th, 2008, 06:52 AM
This post was moved from Purple Ponies.
Yes, I should clarify that I meant the posts that are not going through correctly, according to the OP.

Bakon Jarser
September 6th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Looks like he can post to this section too, since he posted after the thread was moved.

hyper_ch
September 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
did you ever click on the activation link that was in the email sent to you?

Joeb454
September 6th, 2008, 03:14 PM
did you ever click on the activation link that was in the email sent to you?

I've seen posts of adamogardner's in ABT/General Help before.

Are you sure you're not trying to post in the Archive? ;)

hyper_ch
September 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
ok, he got 525 posts/bean count... so I guess he did activate his account ;)

adamogardner
September 13th, 2008, 10:34 PM
i can post to purple ponies and when I bookmark to beginers talk it says it's a read only area, so I use the search at the bottom and scroll to absolute beginner's talk. and the same thing happens. Right now i am so screwed with ubuntu. I just removed firefox and installed another version because i couldn't put it in on-line mode. Now that I'm on the forum can someone please help me fix my resolution. I can only reply to this or post on purple ponies. I'm in dire need of assistance!!! I ntried to make another user account which I thought i did successfully but when I returned to my usually it was all screwed up! no compiz cube resolution fuzzy, firefox offline, what else? what happened?

LaRoza
September 13th, 2008, 10:46 PM
i can post to purple ponies and when I bookmark to beginers talk it says it's a read only area, so I use the search at the bottom and scroll to absolute beginner's talk. and the same thing happens. Right now i am so screwed with ubuntu. I just removed firefox and installed another version because i couldn't put it in on-line mode. Now that I'm on the forum can someone please help me fix my resolution. I can only reply to this or post on purple ponies. I'm in dire need of assistance!!! I ntried to make another user account which I thought i did successfully but when I returned to my usually it was all screwed up! no compiz cube resolution fuzzy, firefox offline, what else? what happened?

What do you get if you click on this link (while logged in): http://ubuntuforums.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=326

schauerlich
September 13th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Does this link redirect you to the archive?

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326

EDIT: Woah LaRoza, total sync there...

adamogardner
September 13th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Does this link redirect you to the archive?

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326

EDIT: Woah LaRoza, total sync there...

ok thanks everything is back to normaL, it might have just been me or my new machine or probably just me and something else sorry, my res and compiz are still messed but I'm over in begginners talk now so cheers!