PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't run Live CD or install latest HH distro...

betterspud
September 4th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I have no clue what the problem is, but whenever I try to run the Live CD or install (dual boot alongside Vista Basic) it, it simply freezes and goes no further. It gets as far as displaying the Ubuntu process bar just after exectuion, then goes to a black screen, which is where it stays. Nothing is reported to explain what the problem is, so I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light.

Apparently, after reading a few other threads, this version has some issues with random hardware, so it may be simply incompatible? Anyway, here's what I'm running it on...

Medion Laptop
Intel Pentium Dual T2310 @ 1.47GHz
2GB Ram

Any clues??

Cheers

overdrank
September 4th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I have no clue what the problem is, but whenever I try to run the Live CD or install (dual boot alongside Vista Basic) it, it simply freezes and goes no further. It gets as far as displaying the Ubuntu process bar just after exectuion, then goes to a black screen, which is where it stays. Nothing is reported to explain what the problem is, so I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light.

Apparently, after reading a few other threads, this version has some issues with random hardware, so it may be simply incompatible? Anyway, here's what I'm running it on...

Medion Laptop
Intel Pentium Dual T2310 @ 1.47GHz
2GB Ram

Any clues??

Cheers

Hi and what is the model of the graphics card? You may check the cd for errors and the ISO
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

betterspud
September 4th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Sorry. It's listed as VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family WDDM onboard graphics.

Cheers

betterspud
September 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Have verified the CD and it reports no errors. Still won't work, though.... ;(

overdrank
September 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Have verified the CD and it reports no errors. Still won't work, though.... ;(

Ok have you tried the options under F4 and changed the resolution?
also you may use the F6 option and remove the quiet splash to see any errors.