PDA

View Full Version : [other] [SOLVED] i cannot install anything in add/remove

PatrickMoore
September 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
states that my system amd64 is not supportin. using ubuntu studio this is the first issue ive had

emmanuelonas
September 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I think there are some issues with ubuntu 64bit, I would change to 32bit if I was you.

ronnielsen1
September 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Does it give you any other errors? Have you tried Synaptic? Maybe you need some updates.

PatrickMoore
September 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
states that my system amd64 is not supportin. using ubuntu studio this is the first issue ive had

i think it might have something to do with my synaptec since im showing no updates and i just installed so there isnt any kernel updates etc. also i cannot install my nvidia driver the error message im getting is

OpenOffice.org Office Suite
OpenOffice.org Office Suite cannot be installed on your computer type (amd64). Either the application requires special hardware features or the vendor decided to not support your computer type.

PatrickMoore
September 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I think there are some issues with ubuntu 64bit, I would change to 32bit if I was you.

but ive never had problems with 64 bit ubuntu this is the absolute first time. i mean if it has to be done ill do it im just perplexed

PatrickMoore
September 4th, 2008, 01:52 PM
basically i have no packages to install in synaptec or any that work in add remove and my upgrade manager is not pulling anything up to install(in perspective when i installed xubuntu i had 99 updates immediately)

emmanuelonas
September 4th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Yes I see what you mean Patrick, i had ubuntu 64bit installed, it worked fine untill I wanted to install other packages like Flash Media Server, realised that it won't work and changed back to 32bit, it will save you a lot of time instead of messing around cus you won't find any solution, and i think Openoffice is not compatible as well.

PatrickMoore
September 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Yes I see what you mean Patrick, i had ubuntu 64bit installed, it worked fine untill I wanted to install other packages like Flash Media Server, realised that it won't work and changed back to 32bit, it will save you a lot of time instead of messing around cus you won't find any solution, and i think Openoffice is not compatible as well.

so im better off with 32 bit at this point? if that is indeed the case that ill start working on that