PDA

View Full Version : How to customize calendar in Ubuntu

nuclearj
September 4th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I want my computer to display the date and the calendar in a different format using the mayan calendar. How would I go about programing my computer to do that? I did program a python program that will decode the date entered by the user. But I have no direction to go in now. Thanks for the help!

slavik
September 4th, 2008, 08:15 AM
that's an interesting one. I would say to look at gDesklets for creating your own, since you are familiar with Python. For a GNOME calendar, you can create your own calendar applet. If you need help with that, gnome channels on irc.gimp.org are great. that and I know some people around this forum should give you some good links about writing applets for GNOME.

ghostdog74
September 4th, 2008, 09:04 AM
@OP there are source codes available on the web. You can take reference from them and code your own in your favourite language

nuclearj
September 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM
that's an interesting one. I would say to look at gDesklets for creating your own, since you are familiar with Python. For a GNOME calendar, you can create your own calendar applet. If you need help with that, gnome channels on irc.gimp.org are great. that and I know some people around this forum should give you some good links about writing applets for GNOME.

Thanks! My ultimate goal is to have the calendar be a selection/option on my Time and Date settings. And i checked out gDesklets, which I will play with some more. But to accomplish my goal it looks like the the GNOME route.