PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Probelm in Installing Acrobat

rajez79
September 3rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Hi,

I tried of installing adobe acrobat in ubuntu 7.04. After downloading rpm file "AdobeReader_enu-8.1.2_SU1-1.i486.rpm" using the command

sudo alien -i package-name.rpm

i converted it to .deb file. Then i tried of installing the .deb file.

sudo dpkg -i adobereader-enu_8.1.2_SU1-1_i386.deb

But after everything finishes if i try to give

$ acroread
bash: /usr/bin/acroread: Permission denied

is the output am getting. I tried it as root user also. Am getting the same output.

Please help me in solving this issue or temme how to install adobe acrobat.

-Rajez-

Elfy
September 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
You can get acroread from medibuntu - if you haven't got medibuntu set up, I would uninstall it - use synaptic to uninstall it - best not toi use rpm's unless you really have to. Then run each of these in terminal seperately.

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/feisty.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install acroread

rajez79
September 3rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Hi,

Fetched 5B in 3s (1B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
rajesh@rajesh-desktop:/$ sudo apt-get install acroread
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package acroread
rajesh@rajesh-desktop:/$

I uninstalled adobe and tried the commands given in the above post. Awhile giving the third command this is the output am getting.

-rajez79-

Partyboi2
September 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Looks like acroread is not available for feisty in the medibuntu repo's anymore.

rajez79
September 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
how can i install Acrobat reader for feisty fawn.. help me. :-(

-rajez-

Partyboi2
September 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Have you tried going to the adobe website and downloading and installing the deb package? You can go here (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html) and download it. Make sure you choose deb version under "Select an Installer" then once you have download double click on it to install.