PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I can't use Console, Reboot, Turn-Off my Computer

@ndreX!
September 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hi all, to be honest I'm not sure if this post can be here if not, please move where must be.

Well the problem that i have it's what i "Turn off the computer" the XORG closes and change to a blank screen, without any work. I can't change to Console mode (Ctr + Alt + F1 -F6) because happens the same, only show me a blank screen, i wait to see if something happens, but nothing, when this happened only the LED green light (Power) of my CPU and the other (of hard disk usage) isn't that means what my computer are doing nothing... By the way nothing works when this blank screen appears.

I've search in Google about this and i try to do some changes but nothing works properly, like add some line to /etc/modules file, or add something to /etc/init.d/halt file too.

I'm not sure what happened with my computer but i need to solve this. This the first time what happened this to me, i've used many other distros (included Ubuntu), and nothing like this i've ever seen before.

By the way i have the last version of Ubuntu (HARDY), i haven't a Video Card, it's only the Chipset of the Motherboard and i don't think that is a video porblem.

Thanks in advance.