PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installed Flight Simulator Opens partly Then Closes. And Wine.

Breandean
September 2nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hi, I installed the flight simulator in Ubuntu, and opened it, twice... and it closed itself after only displaying a black window.

I had this problem with Wine in Fedora. I also want to run Wine in Ubuntu and a very big HP driver which is better than the Ubuntu HP driver.

So I want to know how to get the programs going. Thanks in advance.

VMC
September 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Hi, I installed the flight simulator in Ubuntu, and opened it, twice... and it closed itself after only displaying a black window.

I had this problem with Wine in Fedora. I also want to run Wine in Ubuntu and a very big HP driver which is better than the Ubuntu HP driver.

So I want to know how to get the programs going. Thanks in advance.

I noticed this was buried. We have a Wine section. Maybe someone there has an answer. Also, don't know what you mean about the HP driver being better and Ubuntu driver. Is that from Fedora?

Breandean
September 4th, 2008, 04:09 AM
The HP program comes in two sizes, the bsic and the deluxe, and is 850 mb.It has a lot of ower, and my mum is a photo buff. Also, it can scan a page from a book, and enable cut and past from the scan... I will attempt to install it write now from USB stick.

The Ubuntu driver for the printer works well, but is very basic.

This flight simulator is for linux, but does not open, perhaps it is my hardware?

I will look in the Wine section.

Breandean
September 6th, 2008, 11:16 AM
The native to Ubuntu flight simulator, does not open, I understand Wine now, got it going.