PDA

View Full Version : Fanboys rejoice!!

Rashedul
September 2nd, 2008, 09:26 PM
Not an actual vs. page but rather a Hoorah and congratulations to all the fanboy fans out there. The current fanboy flames were getting old. Windows vs Mac vs Linux is a yawn. Gnome vs KDE, firefox vs IE vs Opera (fine fine, not going to ignore you), star trek vs star wars (still happens), and I don't know many others. I officially welcome Chrome to the mix.

Lets here some cheers for the fanboy community on this glorious day.

Tindytim
September 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Kirk vs Picard doesn't get any respect?

Rashedul
September 2nd, 2008, 09:31 PM

Kirk has fanboys or even fans? :lolflag:

LaRoza
September 2nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
What about the few who dispute the superiority of Vim? Not even going to mention their so-called "editor".

LaRoza
September 2nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Kirk has fanboys or even fans?

Female aliens, mostly, who die at the end of the episode.

Twitch6000
September 2nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
VB vs JAVA VS C# Vs C++ doesn't get in on this WOW...

Neither does the classic Chevy Vs Ford?

Come on know your stuff :p.

karellen
September 2nd, 2008, 09:34 PM

:lolflag: did they ever fight each other? :D

RiceMonster
September 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
What about the few who dispute the superiority of Vim? Not even going to mention their so-called "editor".

Agreed, mentioning such a name is blasphemy towards the name of Vim.

LaRoza
September 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
did they ever fight each other? :D

They fought together, after Picard had to convince Kirk to stop making eggs and stop horsing around.

karellen
September 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
They fought together, after Picard had to convince Kirk to stop making eggs and stop horsing around.

I know, in Star Trek: Generations

Dr Small
September 2nd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Agreed, mentioning such a name is blasphemy towards the name of Vim.
Vim help us, if we get a e**** fanboy in this thread.

Kernel Sanders
September 2nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Not an actual vs. page but rather a Hoorah and congratulations to all the fanboy fans out there. The current fanboy flames were getting old. Windows vs Mac vs Linux is a yawn. Gnome vs KDE, firefox vs IE vs Opera (fine fine, not going to ignore you), star trek vs star wars (still happens), and I don't know many others. I officially welcome Chrome to the mix.

Lets here some cheers for the fanboy community on this glorious day.

I am now a Google Chrome fanboy! LETS START A FLAME WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneone :lol:

Seriously though, it's just a browser, it views WEBPAGES! :lolflag:

Bachstelze
September 2nd, 2008, 10:37 PM
The funniest flamewar I took part into was a 2 vs. 4 vs. 8-character indentation with a few classmates. Finally we reached a compromise: 5 characters. And we actually used that in all our schoolwork for like 2 years :p

PurposeOfReason
September 2nd, 2008, 10:44 PM
While I like google and all, I personally think they are doing too much. Despite what they say, they have an agenda with all this and it isn't for full open source. I don't like it.

LaRoza
September 2nd, 2008, 11:00 PM
The funniest flamewar I took part into was a 2 vs. 4 vs. 8-character indentation with a few classmates. Finally we reached a compromise: 5 characters. And we actually used that in all our schoolwork for like 2 years :p

What? 4 spaces (not tabs!).

Everyone knows that.

Rashedul
September 2nd, 2008, 11:05 PM
While I like google and all, I personally think they are doing too much. Despite what they say, they have an agenda with all this and it isn't for full open source. I don't like it.

they are secretly trying to build the death star with borg nanobot technology.

Bachstelze
September 2nd, 2008, 11:37 PM

Everyone knows that.

Everyone except Linus (http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v1.3/53/Documentation/CodingStyle), but yeah, that guy is out of his mind anyway.

I personnally use 4 too, that 5 thing was just a little prank to annoy our CS teachers.

klange
September 2nd, 2008, 11:38 PM

Everyone knows that.

I wouldn't say "not tab". I say "tab = 4 spaces". Why tap space four times when you can hit a single button to insert those four precious pieces of whitespace with ease?

My take on quite a few things:

- Kirk or Picard? Archer :D
- Browser? Firefox
- Editor? nano
- Indents? 4 spaces
- Brackets? On the same line() {
- Language? C#, then Python
- Shell? Bash
- Web script (server-side)? PHP
- Hypertext? XHTML 1.0
- SW or ST? Star Wars
I'll continue when I think of more.

LaRoza
September 2nd, 2008, 11:42 PM
Everyone except Linus (http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v1.3/53/Documentation/CodingStyle), but yeah, that guy is out of his mind anyway.

I personnally use 4 too, that 5 thing was just a little prank to annoy our CS teachers.

Well, he codes in heavy duty C. The extra space, the vast number of people contributing code, etc probably make a "tab" the easiest thing in a changing word in a language with the capacity to have an entire program on a single line.

I wouldn't say "not tab". I say "tab = 4 spaces". Why tap space four times when you can hit a single button to insert those four precious pieces of whitespace with ease?

I don't think you are getting the picture ;) A tab is a non printing character (\t). A space is also a non printing character. It doesn't matter which key you press, but what character is entered. Sure, I have the tab key set to enter four spaces, but that is four spaces, not a tab.