PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Belkin F5D7051 on ubuntu LTS8.04 x64

zain4ever
September 1st, 2008, 10:29 PM
Hi there,
I've been trying to use my usb wireless adapter (Belkin F5D7051)on ubuntu LTS8.04 x64 for last two days but i havn't been able to configure it properly. I have installed the drivers using ndiswrapper-1.53 and it shows that the hardware is present on the terminal (lsusb,ndiswrapper -l) and on the ndisgtk window but the usb adapter doesn't blink the green light at all. It can't find any wireless network either.

There are tons of posts about this wireless adapter on the internet but none of them are up to date. Please help me ](*,)
Thanks.

zain4ever
September 2nd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Is there anybody out there willing to help???

Kevbert
September 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Yopu probably need to install firmware drivers. Post the terminal output for

lspci
so that we know what chipset your Belkin adapter is based on.

zain4ever
September 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Hello Kevbert, as I mentioned above my wireless adapter is usb not pci (lspci is for pci devices, isn't it?). Anyway this adapter (Belkin F5D7051) is based on Broadcom BCM4320 chipset. Let me know if you have anything for me :)
Thanks.

Kevbert
September 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Sorry, missed the USB bit. There is a guide in the forums (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=847226) for this device. Please be aware that USB dongles can be problematic when being set up in Linux.

zain4ever
September 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
I had followed the same instructions before as described on the link you gave :p thats how i installed the drivers. But the device won't work properly :(. Though thanks for the link :). Anyway i have uninstalled ubuntu and installed it again using vmware. Now i can use internet on ubuntu and use both system at the same time :D
Thanks.

ugutugut
October 10th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Hi there, am new comer to linux, decided to use ubuntu LTS8.04.
I'm also have problem with Belkin device F5D7051 for wireless connection.
I follow the instruction on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=847226
The instruction works perfectly on my device, now I can connect to wireless network.
Thank you.