PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Ubuntu buttons?

WildTangent
November 16th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Not the buttons you press, the ones you pin to your clothing or what have you. I basically want to get an idea of the demand for such merchandise.

My friend has access to a button making machine at school, and a high quality printer. It costs him money to make them, and of course ship them, so they won't be free. We haven't yet agreed upon a price, but I figure it will about 2 dollars each, with discounts for ordering more than one (combined shipping basically). I will probably donate my share of the profits to charity, perhaps I can persuade my friend to do so as well :)

I'll post a couple designs when I get home, and you can submit your own, please submit them in .jpg format at 355x355 pixels, MUST BE OF REASONABLY HIGH QUALITY. We would like to get a couple standard designs that we can mass produce, but custom buttons can be made, but will cost more. I'll post with some more details as needed when I get them, such as shipping arrangements.

-Wild

WildTangent
November 17th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Should I take this being bumped to the 4th page as a no? :(

-Wild

GoA
November 17th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Yes, quite useless I have to say. Could you imagen someone using windows xp buttons? Me neither, neither ubuntu buttons as well.

souled
November 17th, 2005, 07:27 AM
I would buy one! If they looked good that is. I'd put them on my backpack.

ubuntu_demon
November 17th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I moved this thread to the market place.

Might be cool. But I'm not the button wearing type and I don't live in Canada. Although nice to give to your kids or to wear when going to some nerd meeting :)

dalani
November 20th, 2005, 02:33 AM
An Ubuntu button?I think it's a great idea. Great exposure for ubuntu and a conversational piece. Apple computer did it for years (eg .apple logo bumper stickers) Can't say their branding strategy was a failure..look where they are today.

Do it with the default gnome brown or kde blue screen colors.

wilshire
December 1st, 2005, 03:31 AM
i'd like a few.

WildTangent
December 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Sorry guys, due to low demand, my friend has decided not to make them. Alot of them anyway. I could get him to make a smallish batch, but they would cost alot, more than many of you would probably be willing to pay. Again, sorry about this.

-Wild