PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to copy file to DVD

Suzie44
September 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
Hi I have downloaded the iso file and have gone to nero to burn it to a disk it tells me that I need to burn to a cd I don't have a cd bigger that 650mb that is why I am using a dvd can someone help please.

I downloaded easyiso would that would do it on a dvd?

mikewhatever
September 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM
Nero, easyiso? Can't Brasero burn it to a DVD?

JC Cheloven
September 2nd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Nero, easyiso? Can't Brasero burn it to a DVD?

As far as I understand, the OP has just downloaded the ubuntu cd from windows, but had not installed it so far (and thus doesn't enjoy the goodness of free software :-) ). This is because (s)he can't burn the image onto a 600Mb cd, nor onto a dvd (strange it may seem).

Hey, don't be mean and go buy a decent 700Mb cd :lolflag: I bet it will be your most beloved cd ever.

Welcome to ubuntu !! And don't hesitate to post for help when you are done with your CD. Most people here doesn't know/want/can/enjoy giving support for MS apps. as you may figure out ;-)

manishtech
September 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
I also agree, get a decent 700MB CD and enjoy the Free Software spirit. At my place 700MB is the standard CD variety available.

Suzie44
September 2nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks all,after sending my post I realized I had some 700 mb cdr's all written to so not being as mean as you might think I will go and buy some new ones today :p

mikewhatever
September 2nd, 2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks all,after sending my post I realized I had some 700 mb cdr's all written to so not being as mean as you might think I will go and buy some new ones today :p

Sorry for not understanding. I am pretty sure InfraRecorder can burn an iso to a DVD. Just follow this guide: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto