PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing problems

jamedadi
September 1st, 2008, 04:04 PM
Hi all

I have some problems in installing ubuntu. I have run ubuntu installer in windows, choosing "install demo and full installation" option, and then "help me boot from CD" option and it creates some initial files in Drive F (as I want). After rebooting live CD started. Then I choose install option. During installation in step 4 it asks to choose some where for formatting. I choose default option (Guided - resizing ...) which mentioned Drive F as I want. When I want to continue it says "too small size" while I allocate 48GB to drive F. Cloud anyone help me please?

overdrank
September 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM
Hi all

I have some problems in installing ubuntu. I have run ubuntu installer in windows, choosing "install demo and full installation" option, and then "help me boot from CD" option and it creates some initial files in Drive F (as I want). After rebooting live CD started. Then I choose install option. During installation in step 4 it asks to choose some where for formatting. I choose default option (Guided - resizing ...) which mentioned Drive F as I want. When I want to continue it says "too small size" while I allocate 48GB to drive F. Cloud anyone help me please?

HI and welcome, please do not make multiple thread on the same issue. I have merged the threads and it sounds it you are using Wubi to install from with in windows. Is this correct? Have you looked at the Wubi FAQ's as they can answer most questions.