PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with ipod, thread number 999 999

E-P
September 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM
Unfortunately I have to open one more thread about ipod as I can't get it work. First of all I'll ask that do I have to have my music in mp3-form to be able to transfer them to my ipod, so no for example *.oggs ?

Also I can't use my rhytmbox to manage the audio files on the ipod. With gtkpod I managed to put there one album (which was in mp3-form). Also when I check System ---> Preferences ---> Removable drives and media I can nOT find the ipod from the list (although when I plug in the ipod rhytmbox opens with the ipod logo on the leftside). I feel like I have installed every codec/library/etc. possible needed and tried to get advices from tens of different articles and threads.

And with the thinliquidfilm it doesn't convert the movies. In the beginning and when I try to start to convert it, it says:

ffmpeg does not support xvid. thin liquid film will not be able to read or encode xvid video files.
ffmpeg supports h264
tab changed
changed to "encode"
/home/esapekka/.thinliquidfilm/latest
Version Check: Update message already shown
Version Check: This is the latest version
tab changed
changed to "encode"
Unknown codec 'aac'

no match

no match

Something I have done correct 'cause before it said "Unknown codec 'xvid'" but now after doing something (that I can't remember anymore) there started to read "Unknown codec 'aac'"

I thought I was somehow good with this but now I've really started to think of installing dual-boot :mad: I am using just Hardy Heron now

Confusing explanations but hopefully you would have some advices to give me!

SuperSonic4
September 1st, 2008, 02:19 PM
m4a or mp3 files for the iPod so ogg won't work I'm afraid. Have you got faac and faad (m4a support) installed?

I'm not sure how it updates in rhythmbox, but amarok uses a transfer queue to send the songs over.

Does the iPod appear if you type in /media in nautilus

E-P
September 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
m4a or mp3 files for the iPod so ogg won't work I'm afraid. Have you got faac and faad (m4a support) installed?

I'm not sure how it updates in rhythmbox, but amarok uses a transfer queue to send the songs over.

Does the iPod appear if you type in /media in nautilus

faad was missing but installing that didn't help.

when I open the /media there is two different ipods. Other one doesn't have anything inside the folder and other one shows that there would be some of the songs I have already deleted from the ipod. (Some songs that the previous owner had on it).