PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Moderators for Ubuntu Brainstorm!

nand
September 1st, 2008, 11:39 AM
Hi,

EDIT2: already 15 new moderators in a few hours! From now on, only persons with a good moderation experience will be accepted.

As you may have heard, the next version of Ubuntu Brainstorm (which can be seen at http://devel.ideatorrent.org/) will come around October. One of the main targets of this update will be to enhance the ideas quality.
As such, one of the upcoming features will be the Idea sandbox, an area where new ideas will be reviewed by moderators before going mainstream.

Want to help? Join Ubuntu Brainstorm as a moderator!
Only a few minutes per day is necessary. Anyone can join, just send a mail on this launchpad team mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~brainstorm-moderators . EDIT: PLEASE send a mail introducing yourself at brainstorm-moderators@lists.launchpad.net (the email is on the team page) before applying to the team!

Your job will be to review ideas in the Idea sandbox, to help authors to structure them, and to approve/reject them. Once an idea gets a given number of approvals, the idea will go mainstream. You will also be able to edit ideas, to improve idea quality.
If you had some significant previous moderation experience, you will be granted additional moderators tools.

Interested but not sure? Join #ubuntu-brainstorm on IRC!

Hire
September 1st, 2008, 12:32 PM
It is paid?

nand
September 1st, 2008, 01:24 PM
Ahh, if ever I was making money with Ubuntu Brainstorm... I'll keep it \\:D/

More seriously, I'm sorry if the word "job" confused some of you. That's a task to do in your open source free time :)

Hire
September 1st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Don't worry, I have accepted the "job" :)

nand
September 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM
Don't worry, I have accepted the "job" :)

If I'm not mistaken, you are one of the people that applied to the team without sending an introduction mail at brainstorm-moderators@lists.launchpad.net . If you haven't, please introduce yourself, include your Brainstorm login and some previous moderation experience if any, before joining the team!

billgoldberg
September 1st, 2008, 03:16 PM
How much moderators are you looking for?

Should you not find enough of them on time, I would be willing to help out.

But I'm not applying now, just letting you know.

barbedsaber
September 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks for accepting my application, hope to spend a lot more time on brainstorm now.

eragon100
September 1st, 2008, 05:12 PM
I am going to apply right now, I want to help ubuntu development :)

I have a dual-boot now, 251 GB partition for vista ultimate, and 50 gb for ubuntu :)

eragon100
September 1st, 2008, 05:55 PM
I have send the mail, now waiting for the reply...

jeyaganesh
September 1st, 2008, 06:58 PM
I am going to apply right now, I want to help ubuntu development :)

I have a dual-boot now, 251 GB partition for vista ultimate, and 50 gb for ubuntu :)

I have same partition like you.:)

nand
September 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Okay, we have already 15 new moderators for Ubuntu Brainstorm! Great!

From now on, only persons with a pretty good moderation experience will be able to join.
Later on, "recruitment" will continue, but let's start with a manageable number!

eragon100
September 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
Why can't I log on at the development site?