PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HOWTO: Getting Webkinz to work with Hardy Heron / FF3

john8791
September 1st, 2008, 03:09 AM
I just wanted to pass this along as I have seen several posts on Flash player issues while searching for a solution to my own problem getting Webkinz to work with Firefox 3.0.1. Note that I am using the Firefox that was provided with the standard distro of Ubuntu 8.04.

1.) Install "flashplugin-nonfree" through Synaptic with multiverse repository enabled. (This installed 9.0.124.0ubuntu2).

2.) Copy /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/

3.) Make a backup copy of existing libswfdecmozilla.so in /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/

4.) Rename the libflashplayer.so you copied earlier to libswfdecmozilla.so

5.) Restart Firefox, verify through "about : plugins"

This took care of not only Webkinz but a lot of other flash problems.

maroshi
June 19th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Very good working solution.
Here is an update to Ubuntu 9.0.4 Jaunty. With Firefox 3.0.11

1.) Install "flashplugin-nonfree" through Synaptic with multiverse repository enabled. (This installed 10.0.22.87.0ubuntu2).
2.) Open a terminal and run su. To act as root.
3.) Copy /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/
cp /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/
4.) Make a backup copy of existing libswfdecmozilla.so in /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/
cp /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so.org
5.) Rename the libflashplayer.so you copied earlier to libswfdecmozilla.so
mv /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/swfdec-mozilla/libswfdecmozilla.so
6.) Restart Firefox, verify through "about : plugins"
7.) Exit su Shell.
exit

Works and fix many Flash application.

Joy and happiness
David

Revolutionary101
June 19th, 2009, 09:58 PM
You could also go to the Adobe website and download the Debian package from their website.

I think that this is the best way to do it.

Hope you get it fixed.