PDA

View Full Version : Visual idea for Intrepid

dinostabOMG
September 1st, 2008, 02:27 AM
I have an idea for something I'd like to do ahead of the release of Intrepid Ibex. I'm an animator and motion graphics designer, and I want to make a short animated plug - just a few seconds, probably - something flashy and visual, and in the motif of whatever visuals are established for Intrepid.

I am thinking this could be used ahead of discussions in video media, like interviews on the geek television channels and whatnot, and perhaps included in the release, like the Mandela video. It could perhaps be "bannerized" and put on the site?

I asked on #ubuntu-marketing but didn't get much of a response. But I submit these topics for discussion:

What purposes could such a clip serve? There are the ones I mentioned, are these realistic? Are there other topics such a thing could address?
Does Ubuntu get much discussion in video media? Online, on television, or anything like that?
Is Ubuntu actively marketed in video media? If so, is this approach appropriate? If it isn't, what might be another way to attack a project?

dinostabOMG
September 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM
bumpin

Joe_Bishop
September 1st, 2008, 09:54 PM
You can make first boot clip. Like macosx and winxp corporate have.

MadsRH
September 2nd, 2008, 08:02 AM
You can make first boot clip. Like macosx and winxp corporate have.

There's a thread about such video clips here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=901771