View Full Version : [ubuntu] Why do i get this?

September 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM
OK i am new to Ubuntu Linux and i am loving it, but when i watch a video and i live the site on with ought watching anything for a wile the video disappears and all i can see is a white screen.... this happens with all the videos i watch. when i close all windows and reopen them, then i don't have any problem. this only happens after it has been opened for a wile and unused while i am doing something else on the computer. OK this is how it looks and you cannot here anything.

September 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
This is probably because of a bug with the flash plugin that Hardy uses by default. It's especially problematic on 64-bit.

There's a fix here (http://mikesubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-fix-flash-crash-in-hardy.html) that you might try. I don't know if it works or not. Another option is to try installing a different flash plugin, but at this point they all have their issues (thanks to Adobe's refusal to release documentation for flash until recently and the poor quality of its support for the binary Linux flash plugin that it provides, which is only available for 32-bit).

September 1st, 2008, 07:08 PM
Thank you, I tried it but does not fix the problem. I am going to uninstall flash and try something else. I though it might have something to do with flash bus was not sure.