PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound Quality in Virtual box

Weav
August 31st, 2008, 08:39 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking into playing some music in virtualbox and I was just wondering if there was any lost in quality? That is will the music sound exactly that same in virtualbox as if I was in XP?

Thanks.

Weav
August 31st, 2008, 10:55 PM
Can anyone comment on the sound quality in virtualbox?

lovinglinux
August 31st, 2008, 11:01 PM
Why do you need to play music in a virtual box?

Weav
September 1st, 2008, 04:36 PM
I want to be able to run Ruckus in virtualbox. Ruckus is this free music service for students in college, but it protects its music with WMP drm.

So it would be great if music played the exact same under virtualbox as it did just in Windows.

lovinglinux
September 1st, 2008, 06:52 PM
I want to be able to run Ruckus in virtualbox. Ruckus is this free music service for students in college, but it protects its music with WMP drm.

So it would be great if music played the exact same under virtualbox as it did just in Windows.

I guess that is a very good reason. As far as I know, sound will be pretty much the same, but I never paid attention if the virtualbox can handle advanced sound effects. Can't you run Ruckus with Wine?

Weav
September 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Nope you can't. The problem is the drm is Windows Media Player so wine won't be able to emulate it. I'll experiment in the next couple of days and see what happens.

Thanks for the responses!

lovinglinux
September 1st, 2008, 07:51 PM
Nope you can't. The problem is the drm is Windows Media Player so wine won't be able to emulate it. I'll experiment in the next couple of days and see what happens.

Thanks for the responses!

Good luck