PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CD Check Reads Multiple File Errors Multiple Times

jmanwarhammer
August 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
Im very new to the Ubuntu... everything really, I recently got my new computer and decided to install Ubuntu using one of the mail order disks, but just to be on the safe side I checked the CD for errors and it reported that I had one file error. After that it would freak out the computer- having it display two lines of white text flashing over one another saying how the install failed and then listing an indiscernible file location.

I then downloaded the ISO file and successfully burned the image according to the Ubuntu documentation and a few other online tutorials that the forums referenced me to. I did this twice; the first time read three errors and the second time would load the Ubuntu loading screen just after choosing to boot from the disc but would freak out again before it even loaded the options menu.

Im getting very frustrated so any help in resolving this would be wonderful. Thank you.

Here is some miscellaneous information that may help...
-MD5 Check Sums matched
-the ISO I chose was ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386.iso
-the disks are either pristine or near totally pristine
-I've used both Nero and Infra Recorder

-if you need any other information just ask

pietjanjaap
August 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM
If you check the cd's and they are wrong, then do not install.

Check the cd's on a different pc, if they are ok, then inspect the pc.
maybe memory problem, check this with memtest86, is also on the ubuntu cd(or google).
If memory is ok.
Then download and burn a cd on a different pc, and check again.
Otherwise mabe you have a hardware problem, or software.

If cd is ok.
Then check your hardware if more people have problems like you, search on your videocard etc.